This information is provided by the candidate
Endorsements for Jill Buck
- Peace Officers Political Action Committee of Alameda County
- Richard Kiefer, Commander, United States Navy (Retired) - "As Executive Officer of Fleet Training Center, San Diego, I was not happy to learn that I was getting a newly commissioned, fresh out of school, no experience Ensign as a replacement for my exceedingly experienced, competent, and professional legal officer whose time had come to transfer. I quickly learned that my concerns over Ensign Buck were without merit. Jill hit the deck at full speed and never stopped. She quickly took on all responsibilities as if she had been there for several years. Jill earned my complete trust from the start. During the time she reported to me, she demonstrated leadership qualities of Naval officers much senior to her. Jill is a "go-getter" who lays down a plan and gets the job done. I knew I could count on her no matter how big or small the job was. If you want someone to take meaningful action for you in Sacramento, vote for Jill Buck for the 18th District Assembly Seat. "
- Kate Jupina, Chairman, Democrats for Jill Buck - "I have known Jill for several years now and she is an intelligent, honest, hardworking woman. She is also a Republican and I am a Democrat. Even though we are officially signed up for different political parties we agree on many things. I can say with no doubt in my mind that Jill will make a great Assemblyperson and she has my and my husband's full support. Jill will work hard for the people of her District and will represent her District's opinion above all else."
- Michael Notaro, Esq., 2006-2007 Toastmasters International Director - "I met Jill Buck when she volunteered to establish a Speakers Bureau for our Northern California Toastmasters. Jill made this program a resounding success in short order. Her outstanding organizational and motivational skills provided scores of interesting and informative speakers to civic and community organizations throughout the East Bay. Jill is not only an excellent speaker, but also a skilled, caring and competent leader. She has a deep and enduring commitment to public service. As a former US Naval Officer and founder of Go Green, Jill makes a positive impact in the world. She is also a devoted wife, mother and professional speaker. Jill has the experience and courage to tackle and solve the tough challenges facing California. A vote for Jill is a vote for a cleaner, safer, more prosperous California. She has a track record of success - listening, caring and working diligently to improve our quality of life. In summary, Jill is exactly what we need to represent us in Sacramento. Her charm, ability, intelligence and motivation make her the obvious choice for the 18th District. I heartily endorse Jill Buck for the 18th District Assembly seat.
- Toni Hume, PTA President Harvest Park Middle School and ELD Program Support, Bilingual Services, Special Projects-Primary Language Testing, PUSD - "I have had the privilege of working with Jill Buck the past few years with PTA, the Go Green Initiative and as an educator. The first thing that impressed me with Jill when I heard her speak at a State PTA conference was her commitment, passion and intelligence when speaking out for children, youth and the environment! Jill meets every issue head on, with her intelligence, tenacity for the truth and with substantial and accurate evidence to support her position. Our children, families, and communities depend on Jill Buck and her leadership to meet the challenges that face our state today. Without hesitation I give Jill Buck my full endorsement as the candidate for 18th Assembly District.
- Scott Haggerty, Alameda County Supervisor
- Jon Rogers, President of Rogers Family Coffee Company, San Leandro - "We first met Jill Buck through the Go Green Initiative, which she founded and succeeded in making into a major force in educating children to the advantages of preserving our environment. Our coffee company is very active in preserving nature in Central America, where our coffee is grown, so we share a common interest. During our acquaintance we have found her to be a person of great intelligence, high energy and persistence in achieving her goals. To my way of thinking that is exactly what we need in our legislature. It is clear that things need to change and I think Jill is just the person to bring about change. I heartily endorse her for the 18th District Assembly Seat. "
- Catherine Brinkman, Chair, California Young Republicans, Inc. - "Jill has one of the most interesting backgrounds that I have seen in a long while. I am confident that she can bring her knowledge and leadership to Sacramento and become an even stronger voice for her community. Sacramento needs more officials like Jill with real world experience that can be applied to creating useful legislation for the betterment of our state.
- Juanita Haugen, School Board Trustee, Pleasanton Unified School District; State President, California Elected Women Association; Board member, National School Boards Association and California School Boards Association - "Jill is intelligent, capable, will advocate for her constituents, and will build much needed consensus in the Assembly".
- Pat Kernan, School Board Trustee, Pleasanton Unified School District
- Gloria Fredette, School Board Trustee, Pleasanton Unified School District - "With experience as a soccer Mom, active school volunteer and a successful grass roots organizer, Jill has a passion for education that equates with action. We need Jill Buck representing the needs of all our students in Sacramento."
- Kris Weaver, School Board Trustee, Pleasanton Unified School District - "Jill has a "can do" attitude and will tackle important issues facing our state and community with passion and tenacity."
- Steve Brozosky, Pleasanton City Council Member
- Jerry Thorne, Pleasanton City Council Member
- Jim Hansen, Educator in Pleasanton Unified School District - " Jill Buck is a person who can make things happen as the result of hard work and unbounded energy. Jill is an amazing proponent of education and the environment. Her creativity and entrepreneurial spirit are needed in the Capitol to tackle the challenges facing our state.
- Lynn Huntsman, Teacher, Walnut Grove Elementary, Pleasanton
- Mario Saaverda, Owner of the Pruning Shed & Member, Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce - "We need someone who understands the needs of small business owners. Jill is that person, and I fully support her."