(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: State Superintendent/Teacher
- Teacher, parent, former school board member
- Two decades of public service in the legislature
Sarah L. Knopp
Diane A. Lenning, Ed.M.
- Prepare all California students to succeed in college and/or the workplace and to become adaptable lifelong learners
- Provide all students with dedicated teachers well qualified in the subject areas they teach.
- Maintain high standards and accountability in California's schools while adapting to the changing educational demands of the 21st century.
- Occupation: Educator/Author/Businessowner
- M.A. Secondary Education, B.A. History/Social Sciences, Music. Credentials: Administration, Traffic & Safety, Resource, CLAD.
- U.S. Senatorial Medal of Freedom Award recipient for writing, speaking, and lobbying for education and public policy on national, state, local levels
- Former Chair of Republican Educators Caucus, National Education Assoc. Rep CTA/Nea National leader improving public schools
- Call of the American Dream, author of biographical text, descendant of George Washington's family, Jamestown founder descendant, 5th gen. Californian
- Volunteer history: Children's Needs Task Force, Substance Abuse Violence Ed, Civilian Emergency Response T, Learning 4 Life, Ca Youth A, Soccer coach
- Consulting/Accounting Business: Family business since 1979 in Orange County, 3rd generation OC family, elder care needs
Daniel L. "Dan" Bunting
- Safe Schools provide learning environment for success, guarantee graduation, reduce drop-out rate, assure success in jobs
- Local Control supports community collaboration, academic progress, tutoring programs, curriculum alignment-No Child Left Behind
- Accountability-Collaboration of leaders, schools, teachers, parents, in climate of Democracy w integrity...language/academic acquisition Eng Immersion
- Occupation: Retired School Superintendent
- BA Education/MA School Administration
- Rincon Valley USD School Board (10 yrs)_
- Cloverdale Unified SD Board Member
- Sonoma Co.CommitteeSch/Dist .Org.
- Return California to top 10 in Education Testing /Dollars per pupil
- ReExam HS Seniors Exit Exam Requiements
- Improve Teacher Techniques to include HOW children learn
- Occupation: Educator/Teacher/Consultant
- Mathematics Teacher for 25 years
- Presidential Award for Math Teaching-1993
- BA-Mathematics/MA Computers & Ed.
- Consultant/Trainer - Casio Calculators
- Data Processing Consultant for 9 years
- Computer Programmer - State of CA
- Reorganize CDE as service agency for schools and teachers
- Restructure curriculum to emphsize academics and skills training
- Tuition grants for role model mentors in underperforming schools
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Easy Voter Guide
News and Analysis
Orange County Register
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.