(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Leland Y. Yee
- Occupation: Assemblymember/Child Psychologist
- Speaker pro Tempore of the California State Assembly
- Former Teacher and Child Psychologist
- San Francisco School Board, 1988-1996
- San Francisco Board of Supervisors 1996-2002
- University of Hawaii, Ph.D.; San Francisco State University, M.A; University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
- Legislator of the Year: CA School Nutrition Assoc., CA Psychiatric Assoc., Faculty Assoc. of CA Community Colleges, Mental Health Directors Assoc.
- Increase funding for our schools and access to higher education
- Expand access to healthcare for all Californians
- Protect California's natural environment and coastal resources
- Occupation: No Ballot Designation
- Mayor and City Councilmember, City of Daly City 1982--1992
- President and Member, San Mateo County Board of Supervisors 1992--2004
Lou J. Papan
- Education: A solid future for our children
- Universal Health Care in California: A safety net for you and your family
- Transportation and Housing
- Occupation: Former Assemblyman
- Former Assemblyman -- represented 19th AD from 1972-86, 1996-2002
- Chaired Rules Committee for 10 years -- longest in California History
- former F.B.I Special Agent
- Veteran of WWII and Korea
- Broker, Papan Real Estate and Insurance, San Francisco, CA; Co-founder, Peninsula Bank of Commerce.
- B.A. in Economics from Syracuse University; F.B.I. Academy;
- Education -- insuring that our schools are fully funded, and that higher education is available to every Californian who wants it.
- Health Care -- creating a system of Universal Health Care that provides health care to every Californian,
- Transportation and Infrastructure -- rebuilding and retrofitting our decaying infrastructure and expanding the public transportation system
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.