(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Equalization Boardmember's Deputy
- Michelle holds a degree in Business from Pepperdine University
- She has served as a Commissioner on the President's Advisory Commission on Asian-Americans
- She was a member of the California World Trade Commission
- She was a Commissioner of the Los Angeles County Children and Family Services
- She served as a member of the Los Angeles Airport and Fire Commissions
- Michelle will continue her pledge to never vote to raise taxes
- She will assume all taxpayers are innocent untill proven guilty
- Michelle will be a pro taxpayer vote, ALWAYS
Steve Michael Petruzzo
- Occupation: California State Assemblyman
- Occupation: Equalization Board Auditor
- Accounting - SDSU
- Senior Tax Auditor - Board of Equalization
Hal "Jimbo" Styles
- Improve Agency Efficiency
- Improve communication between agency and taxpayers at no additional cost
- Oppose any new taxes
- Occupation: Businessman
- Securities & Real Estate Broker
- F.A.A. Flight Instructor, "Gold Seal" Land & Sea Instruments
- Life Member U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association
- Life Member American Legion
- Life Member California Rifle & Pistol Association (C.R.P.A.)
- Life member Naval Aviation Museum Foundation, Pensacola, FL, Benefactors Circle
Lewis A. Da Silva
- Keep taxes low and equitable for all
- Keep district offices adequately staffed and follow stare decisis
- The public must & will have access to me as I will be their employee
- Occupation: Accountant/Realtor
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
News and Analysis
The Los Angeles Times
The Orange County Register
(Registration may be required. You may login as firstname.lastname@example.org, password "smartvoter".)
(Registration may be required. You may login as smartvoter, password "smartvoter".)
Board of Equalization
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California’s elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.