(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Patrick "Kit" Bobko
- Occupation: Municipal Attorney/Prosecutor
- B.S. United States Air Force Academy
- M.A. University of South Carolina
- J.D. Geo. Washington University
- Captain, United States Air Force (res'd)
- Former Business Mangement Consultant
- Bring Optimistic Leadership to the City Council
- Favorably resolve the multiple lawsuits currently pending against the City
- Alleviate the City's congestion and parking problems
- Occupation: Business Owner/Teacher
- Recipient, 2006 Surfrider Foundation Board of Directors Award
- Recipient, 1999 VOICE Environmental Hero Award
- Founding Member, Leadership Hermosa Class
- Hermosa Beach business owner since 1998
- Communications Teacher, Cal State Northridge and UCLA
- A 27 year resident of Hermosa Beach
Janice R. Brittain
- Increase support of public schools and work to secure resources to further excellence in education
- Promote environmental health and protect our community from the damaging effects of urban runoff
- Make our streets more child friendly through aggressive neighborhood traffic management
- Occupation: Retired School Administrator
- Degrees from Hastings College (Nebr) and UCLA in Education and Theatre Arts
- Board Chair : South Central Family Health Center
- Memeber of Hermosa Beach Kiwanis Club, Centerrnial Committee, Woman's Club, Garden Club, Leadership Porgram, Friends of the Parks
- Past President of California Council for Adult Education, Women Educators, Delta Kappa Gamma
- Testified and lobbied on behalf of educational, health and fine arts issues at the State and Fedueral Level
- See web page for more information on orgainizational memberships and list of honors
- To Strenthen the lines of communication between council and community and bring a fresh voice of reason
- Help young families our our town to build a community that is safe and clean
- Support technical enhancement that makes sense for our city
- Occupation: Business Owner
- commissioner Hermosa Beach film festival
- Member Hermosa Beach Historic Society
- member Leadership Hermosa class of 2006
- Founder upcoming Hermosa Beach 10k to benefit Hermosa schools
- 18 years making dreams come true for the Make-A-Wish foundation
- 12 years volunteer for National Ski Patrol
- Protect our neighborhoods by keeping our city safe from crime and illicit drugs
- Accountability, city officials are held accountable for their actions
- Ensuring Hermosa Beach has a well trained and well equipped fire department and fire fighters
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- City of Hermosa Beach
The Beach Reporter
Google News Search
City Council Candidates Forum
- Thursday, May 18th, at 11:30 am, at Sangria Restaurant (at 68 Pier Avenue). Sponsored by the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Wednesday, May 24th, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm, at the Hermosa Beach City Council Chambers, in City Hall (at 1315 Valley Drive). Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of the Beach Cities Education Fund.
- Thursday, May 25th, at 7:00 pm, at the Hermosa Beach City Council Chambers, in City Hall (at 1315 Valley Drive). Sponsored by the Hermosa Beach Neighborhood Association.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.