(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Sheriff, Los Angeles County
- Occupation: Police Lieutenant/Teacher
- 34 year veteran, Glendale Police Department
- Los Angeles County Probation Commissioner, appointed by Mike Antonovich
- Professor, Criminal Justice, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut CA
- Graduate of FBI National Academy for Law Enforcement Managers
- University of Southern California, School of Engineering - Aviation Safety Program
- University of Southern California, School of Public Administration - Delinquency Control Institute
- End the Early Release Program
- Recruit New Deputies
- Balance the Department Budget
- Occupation: Sheriff's Captain-Retired 2005
- Captain - Court Services , 2000-2005
- Lieutenant - Transit Services Bureau, 1998-2000
- Lieutenant - Executive Aide to Chief Leroy Baca, 1995-1997
- Lieutenant - Carson Station, 1990-1995
- Lieutenant - Inmate Reception Center, 1989-1990
- Sergeant - Lakewood Station, 1982-1989
- Stop early release and ensure convicted criminals serve their time as sentenced by the courts
- Manage the Sheriff's Department budget responsibly and ensure taxpayer dollars are spent wisely, without seeking tax increases
- Work with elected officials and community leaders as well as local, state and federal agencies to address the gang and drug problems in Los Angeles Co
- Occupation: Sheriff's Captain
- Member of Calif. State Sheriff's Association
- Member of Police Officer's Association
- Chairman of the Board, Professional Peace Officer's FCU
- President elect National - Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association
- L.A.S.D. Officer for 25 years with prior Burbank P.D.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration from Pepperdine University
Paul L. Jernigan, Jr.
- Restore depleted Department personnel to budgeted strength - currently down 1400 deputy positions and growing
- Restore Departments image and operational fairness to again attract deputy applicants
- Focus on Mission and stop out of control spending - "Back to Basics".
- Occupation: Deputy Sheriff Sergeant
- Associate Degree, Computer Science
- Bachelors Degree, Law
- 25 years in Law Enforcement
- 5 years Patrol Deputy
- 3 years Special Assignment/Training Deputy
- 8 years Detective
- "Back to the Basics"
- Focusing on Jails, Patrol, Investigations, and Prevention.
- Financial responsibility, Admin reform, & Hi-tech upgrades
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.