(Vote for 6)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Order is random and changes daily.
Michael Alan Feinstein
- Occupation: County Councilmember 1992-2002, 2004-2006
- Co-founder, Green Party of California 1990
- Co-coordinator, Green Party of Los Angeles County 2004-2006
- Delegate to Global Greens, Green Party of the United States 2001
- Mayor, City of Santa Monica 2000-2002
- City Councilmember, City of Santa Monica 1996-2004
- Member, Regional Comprehensive Plan Task Force, Southern California Association of Governments 2004-present
- Involve our 25,000 Green Party members in Los Angeles County in the actions of the party
- Elect more Greens to public office
- Improve democracy & reform our electoral system by enacting proportional representation, instant run-off voting & public financing of elections
- Occupation: Non-profit Environmental Director
- Green Party County Councilmember 1992-1994, 2002-present
- B.A.,, M.A., Ph.D. Historical Musicology
- University Lecturer (UCLA)
- Relationships/Communications Book; Workshops
- Computer Forum Research and Facilitator (IGC, CIS)
- Expand member access to Party information and decision-making.
- Seek greater unity and cooperation among locals and County Council
- Promote use of email and Internet to solicit funds and increase participation
- Occupation: Non-Profit Director
- founding member, Lancaster (PA) Greens; Green Party of Pennsylvania
- Auditor General candidate, Green Party of Pennsylvania 2000
- Steering Committee member, Green Party of the United States (1998-2001)
- Steering Commitee member, Global Greens (1999-2003)
- founder, Women in Black (Lancaster, PA chapter, 1993)
- founder/director , Earth Rights Institute http://www.earthrights.net/apgga/bio.html
- sustainable development
- community-based economics
- transparency in government
- Occupation: Internet Engineer / Music Marketing
- B.S., Political Science - CT State University
- Member, Green Party of California Coordinating Committee, 2005-present
- Co-founder, 9-11 Truth L.A.
- U.S. OUT OF IRAQ!
Complete withdrawal of US forces, including dismantling of military bases. Expose the fraudulent "War of Terror"!
- LOCALIZE NOW!
Relocalize our community economies, food and energy production, transportation, money, gov't, and media. Post-carbon prep!
- PROTECT CIVIL LIBERTIES!
Repeal the Patriot Act, and stop NSA wiretapping and Internet monitoring. Restore the Bill of Rights!
- Occupation: Environmental Scientist
- worked for more than 25 years in environmental protection field
- Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering from USC
- member, KPFK 90.7FM Pacifica radio station local Board of Directors
- certified mediator, Sacramento Mediation Center
- Lt. Governor candidate, Green Party of California 1998 http://www.smartvoter.org/1998nov/ca/state/vote/amir_s/
- State Assembly candidate, Green Party of California 2000
Lisa Kawamoto Hsu
- Environmental protection
- Electoral reform
- Social Justice
- Occupation: Independent Documentary Filmmaker
- Registered Green since January 1996
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies Field from the University of California at Berkeley. Focus on Media and Third World issues
- Produces documentary and narrative films around political and social justice issues http://www.revolutiontheory.com
- political reform
- international justice/human rights
- universal healthcare
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Green Party of Los Angeles County
- County Council of the Green Party of L.A. County
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.