(Vote for 5)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Milton J. "Milt" Boyd
- Occupation: University Faculty member
- Faculty member at Humboldt State University since 1972.
- Served on the Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee since 1996.
- I am a life-long Democrat who is committed to active and responsible citizen participation in public affairs.
- Named Humboldt County "Democrat of the Year" in 2004.
- I am committed to citizen participation in the democratic process by registering to vote and voting in every election.
- I will inform voters of the key positions and goals contained in the Democratic Party platforms at the state and national levels.
- I am committed to electing Democratic Party candidates to public office at local, state, and national levels.
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Since 1988 Humboldt Co. Democratic campaign worker
- Elected delegate from 1st Assembly District Committe California Democratic Party to State Democratic Conventions in 2005 and 2006
- As Emily's List member helped Get Out The Vote in south Florida in 2004
- With Mike Thompson crew helped GOTV in Reno, Nevada in 2004
- As a member of the Communication and Education Committee I help frame HCDCC's public statements, resolutions, etc.
- As a member of Community Outreach and Voter Registration Committee I register Democrats, phonebank, walk precincts, staff our booths at fairs, etc.
- Continue working to elect pro-choice Democrats: 1. locally e.g. Mike Thompson, Patty Berg, Pat Wiggins;
- 2. statewide e.g. Phil Angelides, Debra Bowen, Jerry Brown, Cruz Bustamante, Jack o'Connell, Diane Feinstein, etc.;
- 3. nationally for a functional Democratic majority in both houses and the Whitehouse by counting all the votes accurately.
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Served on the Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee since 2003
- Active Member of the Ways and Means Committee
- Precinct Captain in the 3rd District
- Member of Democracy for America
- Graduate H.S.U., Bachelor of Science, Business Adminstration Major, Marketing Minor, (1988)
- I am a mother, life long Democratic Party member, and a resident of Humboldt County for 36 years
Chris Jenican Beresford
- I am dedicated as a member to support progressive democratic candidates at the local, state, and national level.
- I will continue to encourage others to participate in the democratic process, through personal contact and written communications.
- I will work diligently to take back our country, stand up for our rights, and raise awareness of the importance of voting Democratic.
- Occupation: Administrative Officer, California State Parks
- Served on the Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee since 2000
- Currently, vice-chair of the Central Committee
- Co-chair of the Campaign Services Committee
- Member of the progressive and environmental caucuses of the State Democratic Party
- I am a long time progressive Democrat who has been active locally for many years, working on organizing phone banks and get-out-the-vote (GOTV)
- HSU Alumna
- I am committed to electing progressive democratic candidates to public office at all levels of government; local, state and national.
- I am dedicated to active participation in the democratic process by informing voters through local contacts, such as phone banks, walking and GOTV
- I strongly support a policy of progressive action and reform within the Democratic Party
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.