(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Public Interest Attorney
- Director, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Director, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Attorney, Asian Law Caucus
- Alameda-Contra Costa Transit Board of Director
- Commissioner, California Commission on the Prevention of Hate Violence
- JD, Hastings College of the Law
Sandra K. "Sandy" Bean
- Independent judiciary
- Access to our courts for everyone
- Fair and unbiased decisions
- Occupation: Deputy County Counsel
- Private Practice in Civil Litigation
- Instructor at Mills College
- Instructor at Stetson University
- Santa Clara University Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, Ph.D. completed course work
- Wake Forest University, M. A. , B. A., cum laude
Kathy E. Mount
- A Judge for the Whole County
- Dedicated to Public Service
- Committed to Accessible Courts
- Occupation: Civil Law Attorney
- 23 years of trial experience, both civil and criminal
- Partner in Meyers Nave, an 80 attorney Oakland based law firm
- Represented individual plaintiffs and public agencies
- Worked as a Deputy District Attorney
- Graduated USF School of Law, J.D. 1982
- Commited to women's and children's issues
Mike A. Nisperos, Jr.
- Fair, impartial decision making
- Protecting vulnerable members of our community
- Effective, efficient resolution of cases
- Occupation: Attorney
- Chief Trial Counsel, State Bar of CA
- Director, Mayor's Office of Drugs & Crime
- USAF JAG Captain, Chief of Military Justice
- USDOJ/INS Trial Attoryney
- Alameda County Deputy District Attorney
- USMC Sgt - Viet Nam Veteran
- Therapeutic Jurisprudence as the Court's Evolutionary Model
- Courts should be easily accessible to all members of the community
- Courts should partner with community service providers to problem-solve the cases before them.
Philip H. Knudsen
- Occupation: Trial Attorney
- Occupation: Attorney at Law
- Private civil litgation practice since 1974
- University of the Pacific, B.A.
- University of San Francisco, J.D.
- Fair and efficient resolution of cases and disputes
- Accessible justice for all members of our community
- Maintenance of an unbiased, independent judiciary
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Date: Friday, May 12, 2006
Time: 1st 10 minute Interview at 1:50 PM
Place: Comcast Studios, 555 Mowry, Fremont
Host: League of Women Voters of Fremont-Newark-Union City
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.