A Replacement Of A Portion Of Two Existing Levies, Being A Reduction Of 0.95 Mill To Constitute A Tax For The Benefit
Of The City Of Loveland, Counties Of Hamilton, Clermont And Warren, Ohio, For The Purpose Of Fire
Protection At A Rate Not Exceeding Two And One-Tenths (2.1) Mills For Each One Dollar Of Valuation, Which
Amounts To Twenty-One Cents ($0.21) For Each One Hundred Dollars Of Valuation, For A Continuing Period Of Time,
Commencing In 2006, First Due In Calendar Year 2007.
For The Tax Levy
Against The Tax Levy
- Fact Sheet
Loveland Fire and EMS Replacement Levies
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2006
- What: The City of Loveland will be asking the voters to replace 4 existing Fire and EMS levies that are between 14 to 21 years old. These levies were passed by the voters for a total of 6.85 mills. The effective buying power for these levies is less than half of what the voters originally passed because of how Ohio laws roll back levies as valuation increases.
- Why: The cost of utilities, fuel, health insurance and workers compensation have more than out-paced the revenue from our levies. Levy revenue does not increase appreciably unless major growth in construction occurs.
- What will it cost me: The 4 Fire and EMS levies that are currently in place totaling 6.85 mills would be replaced with 1 Fire and 1 EMS levy totaling 5.20 mills. The millage is 1.65 mills lower, but will cost homeowners slightly more because of property value increases. The cost for both of these levies for the owner of a home valued at $100,000 would be less than $5.00 more per month.
- How will the City utilize the funds? We are fortunate to be the only fire department in Southwest Ohio to have a Nationally Accredited paramedic unit. To maintain this service, we must stay abreast of changing technology in areas like pediatric advanced life support. Our fire service is one of only a handful nationally that has the outstanding ISO rating of 2. This is important in keeping your insurance premiums low. The ISO rating is how insurance companies determine fire insurance premiums. The City of Loveland will utilize the levy funds to maintain the excellent level of emergency services our residents count on every day through their contract with the Loveland-Symmes Fire Department.
- City of Loveland
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.