(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Gary I. DeLong
- Occupation: Business Owner
- MBA, University of Southern California
- Board of Directors, Aquarium of the Pacific
- Board of Directors, ChildNet Youth & Family Services
- Board of Directors, Long Beach Public Library Foundation Advisory Board
- Board of Governors, Long Beach City College Foundation
- Chamber of Commerce, Government Affairs Council
A Stephanie Loftin
- Continue to Reduce Crime in the City of Long Beach
- Invest in Infrastructure - Repair Streets, Sidewalks, Alleys & Curbs
- Restore Library Funding
- Occupation: CEO, Businesswoman, Attorney
- President, CEO of Long Beach Law, Inc., APLC
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, California Bar Assn, 1997
- Long Beach Community Police Academy ,first graduating class
- Chair of the Los Angeles County Alcohol Commission, appointed by Supervisor Don Knabe,
- Implement and enforce air quality standards and pollution control for waterways
- Explore safer options to proposed LNG Terminal
- Find innovative solutions to keep out libraries open
- Occupation: Public Finance Advisor
As a Taxpayer Advocate:
- Led the initiative to reduce the utility user's tax by half
- Co-authored the plan to finance the 9-1-1 center without cutting services or raising taxes
- Stopped City Hall from imposing a Mello-Roos tax on your property
As Long Beach's Director on the Water Replishment District:
- Fulfilled his pledge to lower water rates, saving Long Beach over $1 million
- Reformed the finances of "the worst public agency in California" - winning awards for budgeting and finance
- Negotiated a water storage program to provide a safe water supply in the event of a drought
- Public safety
- Repairing streets, sidewalks, and eliminating standing water
- Quality of life and our environment
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Born and raised in Long Beach
- B.A. CSULB
- J.D. Western State
- Isthmus Corporation, President
- Appointed, Queensway Bay Advisory Committee
- Appointed, Disney Advisory Committee
- Put a stop to wasteful spending at City Hall and bring a common sense approach back to our budget.
- Manage traffic and improve our parking
- I am committed to not raising taxes AND putting more police officers on our streets.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County, an Inter-League Organization, and constituent Local Leagues as available in communities holding elections on April 11, 2006 has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Liquified Natural Gas, Airport Expansion, and Air Quality.
- City of Long Beach Election Website
- L.A. Almanac
News and Analysis
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.