(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Media Specialist Kindergarten through 12th, St. Bernard-Elmw
- Neighborhood: Price Hill
- Education: 1995 University of Kentucky, Masters of Library and Information Sciences
- 1988 University of Cincinnati, BS in Education
- 1987 University of Cincinnati, BA English Literature with Honors
- 1969-1970 Xavier University, liberal arts
- 1965-1968 George Washington University, liberal arts
Eileen Cooper Reed
- One, Cincinnati Public Schools must focus on student achievement. Students must come first.
- Two, the Board must be held accountable for improvement. Board members must work together, setting aside personal agendas and the politics of polariz
- And three, the Board must be sure that Community Learning Centers serve the community.
- Occupation: Consultant
- Neighborhood:. North Avondale
- Education: BA in Psychology from the University of Maryland; JD in Law from the University of Cinicinnati College of Law
- Former Director of the Children's Defense Fund, Ohio and Cincinnati
- Member, ODE Achievement Gap Task Force
- Member, ODE Early Childhood Task Force
- Member, CPS Redesign Team
Catherine D. "Cathy" (Asbury) Ingram
- Increasing Achievement for All Students
- Strengthening Teacher Quality
- Ensuring Fiscal Accountability
- Occupation: Lecturer
- Neighborhood: Mt. Auburn
- Education: B.S. in Marketing, MBA, U.C. College of Business
- The 2005 President of the Ohio School Boards Assn. chairing the exec. committee, the Board of Trustees, and many other committees.
- Fulltime Lecturer at Northern Kentucky University
- have since served as Board President and VP, currently chair the Finance committee as well as serving on other committees.
- Continuing academic achievement for all students while closing all gaps.
- Creating educational environments that benefit students, teachers and other staff.
- Monitor and manage financial opportunities that benefit the entire district.
- Occupation: Hospital Development Liaison, LifeCenter Organ Donor Network
- Neighborhood: North Avondale
- Education: Master of Public Administration, Northern Kentucky University, 2005
- Bachelor of Science, Communication Arts, Xavier University, 1975
- Increase academic achievement for every student + no excuses.
- Insure that our schools are safe and shielded from street crime.
- Insist upon fiscal accountability and insure good stewardship of taxpayers' dollars.
- Occupation: Retired
- Neighborhood: College Hill
- Education: B.A., M.A. , Peabody College at Vanderbilt University
William L. "Bill" Haase
- Raise Student Achievement
- Make fiscally responsible decisions and improve school facilities
- Increase parent and community involvement and support of our students and our schools.
- Occupation: Financial Advisor
- Associate Vice President - Investments with Wachovia Securities, LLC
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Cincinnati
- Soccer Coach for the School for Creative and Performing Arts
- Board member of the UC Band Alumni Association
- Member of UC Alumni Band and UC Community Band
- Member of Little Flower Parish in Mt. Airy
- Raise student achievement
- Improve instruction through continued education of teachers
- Ensure all facilities are safe and promote learning
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
7 questions on Qualification, Priorities, Parental involvement, Pressing Issue, Role of School Board, Core expectations: results, and Core expectations: equity.
News and Analysis
- There will be a Cincinnati School Board Candidates' Forum sponsored by the Citizens School Committee on Wed October 19 from 7 - 9 pm at the Education Center, 2651 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45219
- The "Meet the Candidates" evening sponsored by Clifton Town Meeting will
be held on Monday, October 24, 2005, at 7:00 p.m. at the Clifton
Recreation Center, 320 McAlpin Avenue in Clifton. Invited are candidates
for Cincinnati Mayor, Cincinnati City Council and Cincinnati School Board.
- Cincinnati Public School Board of Education and Isssue Forums Hosted by LWVCA and WCET Channel 48, Check TV listings for dates and times
- Cincinnati Board of Education
- Cincinnati Public Schools
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.