(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Council Member, Nurse
Jeffrey J. "Jeff" Ira
- Fully staffed police and fire departments to ensure vibrant safe neighborhoods
- A revitalized Downtown
- Sensibly planned housing with improved transportation solutions
- Occupation: Mayor, CPA
- Born at Sequoia Hospital
- Attended St. Pius and St. Francis High School
- B.S. in Accounting
- Treasurer, Sequoia Awards
James H. "Jim" Hartnett
- Using my 28 years of experience auditing government entities to protect our tax dollars.
- Keeping our City safe by increasing the number of police officers, firefighters, and by expanding our youth programs.
- Supporting our schools and maintaining our partnerships with them.
- Occupation: Council Member, Attorney
- J.D. Santa Clara University Law School
- San Mateo County Transit District Board Member
- Mayor 1995-1997
- Redwood City National Little League Board Member
- Manager, Big League Baseball (17-18 yr.olds)
- "Friend of Schools" recognition by Redwood City Elementary School District Board
- Increase Public Satety--Bust and Prevent Gangs
- Fiscal Responsibility---Prudent spending
- Attention to quality of life issues--seniors, youth, families
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- B.S. Computer Science, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- Life-long Peninsula resident & long-time transit advocate
- Friends of Redwood City (formerly No-on-Q), member
- Caltrain Citizens Advisory Committee, ex-chairman
- Bay Rail Alliance, ex-president
- Housing Leadership Council, member
Hilary S. Paulson
- Downtown revitalization, transit-oriented infill mixed-use housing
- City-wide livability (parks, trees, bicycle- & pedestrian-friendly, etc.)
- Public safety, crime prevention & code enforcement
- Occupation: Attorney
- B.A. University of California, Berkeley, focus - urban geography
- J.D. Univerity of California, Hastings College of the Law, focus - environmental and governmental law
- Redwood City Planning Commission, 2000-present, Chairman 2004-2005
- Redwood City Housing and Human Concerns Committee, 2000-2003, Vice Chair 2003
- Redwood City Downtown Advisory Group
- Co-Chair Stafford/Stulsaft Park Renovation Committee
- Demanding well planned, vital, and sustainable development which respects our limited resources, including water and open space
- Listening to, respecting and valuing community input and desires
- Protecting neighborhood character by focusing high density development in our downtown
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.