(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- EDUCATION: Attended Redwood City Schools, BS, Business Management, Menlo College
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: 30 Year Resident and Involved in Community and Education
- EMPLOYMENT: Redwood City Public Library Since 1976
- PERSONAL: Married to Warren Slocum, Two Children Currently Enrolled in Woodside High School
- AWARDS: Middlefield Festival, Recognition for Contribution to North Fair Oaks Community, August 2001
- OTHER: Graduate of Peter Block School of Management and the Redwood City Leadership Academy
- We must insist on sound fiscal management and we should develop strategies to get more dollars into the classroom.
- Recruting and retaining qualified teachers for all classrooms at every school is a high priority.
- Hire a new superintendent who will lead creatively and ensure that all children reach their potential.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- BA, San Jose State University, 1980.
- Redwood City resident since 1987.
- Married to Jim Patiņo and both children, Colin and Harry, are enrolled in public schools.
- PTA Board Member at Roy Cloud for 6 years.
- Member of Measure B School Bond Task Force, School Traffic Safety Task Force, and the Library Internet Policy Task Force.
- Graduate of Leadership Redwood City and Penninsula Conflict Resolution Center.
Catherine E Fraser
- HIRE A TOP-NOTCH SUPERINTENDENT who will improve our financial management, student achievement, and communication and trust throughout the district.
- REDUCE THE LEARNING GAP between English language learners and native English speakers and raise test scores for all students across the district.
- STRENGTHEN OUR PARTNERSHIPS with education, businesses, foundations, and governmental agencies to help maintain our many successful programs.
- Occupation: Parent/Educator/Businesswoman
- BS Journalism, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Athena Award Winner
- Professor of Marketing, Canada College
- Active Community Volunteer in Redwood City
- Help to make our School District the best it can be
- Improve communication between the public and the district
- Create strategic partnerships with the business community
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.