Ranked choice final/inital votes
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: currently serving as San Francisco's Assessor-Recorder
- Former Executive Director of the Asian Law Caucus
- Over five years of practical and hands-on experience in fiscal management and property assessments
- Former efficiency consultant to government agencies and corporations
- Graduate of Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government
- Former Co-Chair of California Coalition on Civil Rights
- To use my experience evaluating multi-million dollar properties to challenge big commercial property owners so that San Franciscans get our fair share
- To use my background reforming complex bureaucracies to make sure we find the revenue to fund basic services
- To run this office with the highest level of integrity, so that every San Franciscan has the confidence that all properties will be treated fairly
- Occupation: Member, Board of Supervisors
- 15 years of public service experience
- Former City Finance Analyst, Former Public Defender
- Earned Law Degree from Columbia Law School
- Earned Master's Degree in City Planning from UC Berkeley
- Helped pass landmark ethics and good government reforms
- As Chair of Budget Committee, closed largest budget deficit in San Francisco history
Ronald Chun, Esq./ CPA
- Use my background as an advocate and attorney to strengthen the appeals team that defends tax appeals by large corporate property owners
- Reform the Assessor-Recorder's office by stamping out cronyism and implement zero-tolerance policies for corruption
- Implement reform ideas outlined in my white papers, available here in the "position papers" section of the site.
- Occupation: Tax Attorney/ CPA
- Former Deputy Chief Assessor Recorder & Author - Domestic Partners Ruling that made Prop 13 fair for all SF Families
- Galileo High/ City College of SF/ Univ. of SF Law Graduate
- Former Chair, Assessment Appeals Board
- Author of the largest Property Tax Ruling in California History
- A Tax Professional/ Not a Politician
- A native San Franciscan, growing up a Giants fan
- Restore the Trust & Integrity between the Assessor and its Team Members
- Restore the Trust & Integrity between the Assessor and the San Francisco
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.