(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Mark W. Distaso
- Occupation: Police Captain
- 10 year Community College educator
- Graduate of the FBI National Academy
- Chair Person: Acton Auga Dulce Unified School District Master Plan Committee
- Vice Chair: Acton Auga Dulce Unified School District Budget Advisory Committee
- Graduate of USC Delinquency Control Institute
- Police Facilities Project Coordinator - City of Glendale
Leona Ruth Sexton
- Bring fiscal responsibility back to the Acton Auga Dulce Unified School District
- Create a Strategic Plan to to develop a standards based academic curriculum to achieve a California Distinguished School in the District
- Create a Strategic Plan to upgrade and modernize District campuses, to include construction of a permanent high school
- Occupation: Businessowner
- Occupation: Retired Software Engineer
- Was a UCLA Administrator for 14 years
- Owner of Campus Solutions, Inc for 10 years
- Higher Education Computer Consultant
- Member of the AADUSD Surplus Property Committee
- Member of the AADUSD Facilities Committee
- Parent of two current AADUSD students
Deborah S. Jauregui-Rocha
- Improve the educational environment of the district
- Return the district to sound fiscal practices
- Focus attention on improving Vasquez High School
Michael Richard Hughes
- Occupation: Parent/Educator
Larry H. Layton
- Occupation: Healthcare Manager
- Occupation: Law School Professor
- Bachelor(BSL)& Juris Doctor (JD) degrees
- Lawyer and Teacher (law school)
- Who's Who In America Law-Edition Eleven
- Screen Actors Guild (member)
- State Bar Law School Council (elected)
- Who's Who In American Education 7th Ed.
Maximino S. "Max" Duran
- Stop the wasting and selling of school district's assets
- Reevaluation of school district budget and to include sports
- stop forced transportation of Acton students to Agua Dulce
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- School Facilities Consultant
- Former LAUSD Administrator - 30 years
- Chairman, AADUSD Facilities Committee
- Member, AADUSD Surplus Property Committe
- Board Laison, Facilities Committee
- Teaching Credential - Vocational
Geraldine Rose "Geri" Davis
- Restore discipline as a necessry precondition to creating a safe learning environment.
- Focus on elevating academic excellence.
- Eliminate DEFICIT SPENDING and return our District to solvency.
- Occupation: Educator
- Candidate for Masters 2006
- Credential Special Education
- Credential Multiple Subject
- Bachelors Recreation Education
Fred E. Heslep
- To promote a trusting and collaborative relationship with fellow board members and superintendent.
- To adopt a budget that provides needed resources.
- To serve with effective communication between the board and the community.
- Occupation: Newspaper Publisher
- I am a long-term community resident and a graduate of Acton Elementary School in 1953.
- I was one of the original proponents for unification to keep our high school kids in our community. I
- Return the district to a "Distinguished School" status.
- Operate in public with closed sessions only when required by California law instead of using it for the superintendent to cover her tracks.
- Oppose any new tax until the district places education first, stops wasting money, and has wide community support
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Acton-Agua Dulce Unified School District
News and Analysis
- SGVT City Profile (Acton)
L.A. Daily News
Google News Search
- Print Media Available on the Internet (Automatic Updates)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.