(Vote for 1)
Melvin A. Smith
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: OHD 55, Speaker Pro Tempore
- (Prev.) Occupation: Consultant, Engineer
- Residence: West Chester
- Education: BS VA Polytech. Inst., 1978; MBA Univ. of Dayton, 1981
- Marital Status: Married (Jill)
- Birthdate: 12/27/1955; Birthplace: Petersburg, VA
- Religion: Catholic
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: President, Butler-Warren-Clinton AFL-CIO
- Education: Communications, Cincinnati Bell Associates of Science, Computer Science; 2 years seminary
- My record of union service is exemplary.
- Prior to serving as Executive Vice-President of Communication Workers of America local 4400, I served as union steward.
- Chairperson for Community Services for many years, and headed the Politca1 Action Committee Within our Local.
- Currently, I am the President of Butler-Warren-Clinton County AFL- CIO.
- Fair methods for school funding that provides a way to halt rising property taxes for levies and keeps our local dollars here in our local school dist
- Lower health care costs and prescription costs.
- Eliminate the ineffective E-check.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Oxford has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
7 questions on Qualifications, Pressing Issue, Business Tax, Local Government Cooperation, Transportation, Top Priority, and Second Priority.
Secretary of State
Ohio State Government
Ohio State Senate
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates - Ohio Senate
- Browse to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 4. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Gary Cates