(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joesph T. Deters
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Ohio Treasurer of State
- Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney
- Hamilton County Clerk of Courts
- Ass't Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney
- Juris Doctor, University of Cincinnati
- BA, Political Science, University of Cincinnati
- Governor's Ohio Organized Crime Commission Member
Fanon Adeyemi Rucker
- Vigorous prosecution of violent criminals
- Concern for victims of crime
- Refusal to plea bargain serious crimes involving use of guns or death penalty cases
- Occupation: Lawyer
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law
- B.A., Psychology, Hampton Univeristy
- Prosecutor and Law Director, Lincoln Hts
- Prosecutor, Woodlawn
- Former Assistant Prosecutor, City of Cincinnati
- Trustee, Cincinnati Bar Association
James Melvin Rueger
Michael K. Allen
Melissa Ann Powers
- Depoliticize the Prosecutor's Office
- Restore honesty, integrity and trust in the Prosecutor's Office
- Deal with all citizens equally, fairly and in way that promotes equal justice for all
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Top Priority, and Pressing Issues.
- This year the office of Prosecuting Attorney for Hamilton County will have write-in candidates. To vote for a write-in candidate, write the candidate's name and office on the upper portion of the ballot in the
area marked "WRITE-IN BALLOT". You must have the candidate's name, but it is not mandatory to include the office for your vote to count. If you forget, or are unsure of the candidate's name, you may ask a poll worker
for help. The poll worker will provide the valid write-in candidate name and spelling, if necessary. When you are finished voting, fold your
ballot over and place it in the ballot box.
- Remember, you may ask a poll worker for help at any time.
News and Analysis
- Sunday, October 24, 2004
7:00p AIR TIME
Hamilton Cty Prosecutor Forum
Channel 48 - CET-TV
Featuring a segment on voting information including how to "write in" candidates.
Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.