- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: United States Representative, 47th District
- Loretta was born and raised in the district she serves.
- Loretta is a businesswoman. She started her own consulting business in Santa Ana, assisting public agencies and private firms.
- Prior to her work in Congress, Loretta was a financial manager at the Orange County Transportation Authority.
- Loretta attended Chapman University, in Orange, CA. She was selected in January 2002 to serve as the university's first Latina Trustee Board member.
- Loretta attended American University in Washington, D.C. to obtain her master's in business administration with an emphasis on finance in 1984.