This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/state/ for current information.
|League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
John C. Reiger
Read the answers from all candidates.
1. What can be done to ensure that California gets its fair share of federal resources?
I am not concerned about California getting it's "fair share" of federal resources. I'm much more concerned about working Americans getting there fair share of health care, clean environment, jobs and job safety, personal dignity (non-discrimination), decent income, old age security, and all the other things that go along with a good life.
2. What are your foreign policy priorities for the United States?
1. End U.S. imperialism! Seek peace and security through cooperation and diplomacy. End U.S. unilateralism.
2. Work for economic justice throughout the world. Disband NAFTA, the WTO, and other international agreements that benefit corporations at the expense of workers, citizens, and nations.
3. What are your priorities for the federal budget?
1. Rescind the Bush tax windfall to the rich. Reinstate higher taxes on large corporations and rich individuals.
2. Drastically reduce military spending. Downsize the military to levels appropriate to real needs (not defense industry needs).
3. Use the extra money to create a national health care system , and increase funding to programs that benefit people not corporations.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
SmartVoter Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter