- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Judge
- Judge James P. Gray is a Judge of the Superior Court in Orange County
- Judge Gray served as a federal prosecutor in Los Angeles as an Assistant U.S. Attorney
- He also served as a criminal defense attorney as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy JAG Corps (National Defense, Vietnam Service and Combat Action Ribbons)
- Judge Gray served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Palmar Norte, Costa Rica, working in physical education, recreation and health.
- Judge James P. Gray received his undergraduate degree at U.C.L.A. in 1966 and his law degree at U.S.C. in 1971
- Judge of the Year Award from the Business Litigation Section of the Orange County Bar Association and from the O.C. Constitutional Rights Foundation