(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: U.S. Congressman
- Member of Congress representing the 12th Congressional District of California since 1981.
- Professor of Economics at San Francisco State University (1950-1980).
- Served as a member of the Millbrae Board of Education for eight years.
- Public affairs analyst for public television.
- Economic consultant to a number of private businesses.
- Senior advisor to a number of members of the United States Senate.
- Our nation's economy must be strengthened to insure long-term job growth. This Administration economic policies are fiscally irresponsible.
- Education is the key to America's future, and we must provide the resources to assure our children's education.
- Our environment - air, water, our coast, open space - must be protected from an Administration that sacrifices our environment to special interests.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman
- Long-time member, San Francisco Republican County Central Committee and Republican State Central Committee of California (RSCCC)
- Past Member, Platform Committee of California Republican Party
- Former City Commissioner (Commission on Toxic Waste)
- Past President, Chapter, Mexican-American Political Association (MAPA)
- Advocate for Taxpayers Rights (in SF Voters Information Pamphlet and elsewhere)
- Veteran, US Army, Served Facing Russian Troops at border of East Germany
- Republican Victory in 2004!
- Strengthen Republican majority in Congress! Make Congressman Lantos Debate His Opponents!
- Oppose Unnecessary Tax Increases and Wasteful and Corrupt Government Spending!
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Retired Teacher/Artist
- political activist
- member, Green Party County Council
- past Union official, AFT local 61, AFL-CIO
- End the war and occupation
- break our addiction to oil
- use our tax funds to meet the needs of our people and environment
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Lifelong resident of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Vice-Chair, San Mateo Libertarian Party
- Member of the ACLU
- Member of Amnesty International
- Stop the war and bring the troops home
- Repeal the PATRIOT act
- Reduce spending to balance the budget every year
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Federal Resources, Foreign Policy, and Federal Budget.
Secretary of State
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US House 12. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.