(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessowner/Assemblymember
- Former Santa Maria Mayor
- Former Santa Maria Councilman
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: San Luis Obispo County Supervisor
- Former Mayor of San Luis Obispo
- Former Council Member of San Luis Obispo
- Served in the Peace Corps
- Graduated with honors from Santa Clara University
- Addressing the state's fiscal crisis to bring accountability and fiscal responsibility to Sacramento.
- Improving the quality of our education system in the state by getting much-needed money into the classroom.
- Protection and restoration of our environment and coastal resources.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Electrician
- Addr: 66 Southbank Rd., Carmel Valley, CA 93924
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 15. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
News and Analysis
- Sept 28, Candidate Forum, Los Gatos Town Council Chambers, sponsored by LWV, Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Los Gatos Alumni, AAUW, SVCN Newspapers.
- Council and Town Clerk candidates at 6 pm, State Sen. Dist 15 candidates at 7:30 pm, State Assembly Dist 21 candidates at 8:30 pm.
- Oct. 1, Candidate Forum, Saratoga Library Community Room, sponsored by LWV, Chamber of Commerce, AAUW, SVCN Newspapers.
- Saratoga Council candidates at 6 pm, State Sen. Dist. 15 candidates at 7 pm, State Assembly Dist 24 candidates at 8 pm.
- October 3, 2004 there will be a candidate's forum at the Best Western Beach Resort, 2600 San Dunes Drive in Monterey from 7 - 8 p.m. The forum is preceeded by a candidate's reception at 6:30 p.m. Co-sponsors of the forum are League of Women Voters of the Monterey Peninsula, The Monterey County Herald, KAZU 90.3 public radio, Best Western Beach Resort and the Watsonville Register Pajaronian. Public Access Channel 24 will be broadcasting this forum at later dates. Call Paul Congo at 333-1267 for times.
Monterey County Herald
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey County Weekly
The Salinas Californian
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.