(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, California State Assembly, 67th District
- Former Member of Huntington Beach City Council for 6 years
- Member Bolsa Chica Land Trust
- Founded the citizen action group "Huntington Beach Tomorrow"
- Past President of the Huntington Youth Shelter
David P. "Dave" Silva
- Cut Government Spending
- Less Taxes
- Healthy and Clean Environment
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Retired Postal Worker
- President of Leisure World Democratic Club of Seal Beach.
- President of the Leisure World Chess Club
- Taught chess for two years at grade schools in La Habra, CA.
- Member of the Democrats of Orange County Central Committee.
- Founding member of the Orange County Science Fiction Club
- Delegate at the Democratic State Convention in 2003 and 2004
Norm "Firecracker" Westwell
- Promise to donate half of my first year's salary to start a fund for after school program in my 67th District.
- Will support SB 921 for a single payer health care system for California.
- Introduce legislation to give a 30% discount on vehicle registration for cars that get 30 mpg.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Self Employed Huntington Beach Sportswear Manufacturer
- Served as Vice Chairman of the Libertarian Party County Central Committee
- Local "Smaller Government" Political Activist
- Former Libertarian Party Orange County Central Committee Vice Chairman
- Refocus legislature away from the budget crisis to address the the real problem, our SPENDING crisis
- Complete overhaul of the Workmans Compensation Program
- Reduce crime by changing California's gun contol laws to be fashioned after Vermont's style of conceal carry gun laws
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 67. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.