(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney/ Coastal Commissioner
- President, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- President, Santa Barbara & Ventura College of Law
- Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Director, S.B. Public Education Foundation
- Trustee, Santa Barbara Art Museum
- Work to ensure that school funding and resources are protected
- Fight for the Health Insurance Act and the right of the sick and elderly to import quality, low-cost prescription drugs
- Protect access to our beaches and prevent pollution and further oil drilling
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Educator
- Doctorate of Education, Boston University
- Masters Degree, USC
- Bachelor of Arts, Notre Dame
- Former Santa Barbara School Board President
- Treasurer, Zona Seca
- Ensure that education is treated as every child's civil right
- Bring fiscal responsibilty and accountability to our State Legislature
- Develop opportunities for middle and working class Californians to succeed by reviving our education system and creating more jobs
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 35. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.