(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Assemblymember
- AB, Politics, Adlai Stevenson College
- Commissioner, Santa Cruz Regional Transportation Comm., 1981-1990
- Board Member/President, Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG), 1981-1983
- Chair, Santa Cruz County Joint Powers Water Study, 1983-1985
- Councilmember/Mayor, Santa Cruz City Council
- Trustee, Cabrillo College
Jack D. Barlich
- Actions related to ensuring a balanced, pay-as-you-go budget that meets voters' needs for a good quality of life in California.
- Various legislative action in the area of the environment and civil rights.
- There are outdated mandates and the state is not reimbursing local governments. I will work to repeal outdated mandates and reform the system.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Mayor, City of Del Rey Oaks
- Firefighter, 29 years service, retired as Assistant Fire Chief
- U.S. Army & U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
- First Chairman of the Fort Ord Reuse Authority (3 yr. term), current Vice Chair
- Monterey Regional Waste Management District, Vice Chair
- Mayor's appointed Water Laision Committee Representative
- Monterey Bay Air Pollution Control Board, Chairman
- Before there can be housing, jobs or infrastructure improvements to serve our growing population, we must have a sustainable water supply.
- Provide the means to impove our streets and highways, i.e., Highway 1 in Santa Cruz critically needs to be widened & repaired.
- Implement effective solutions for the state budget crisis and have a strong voice in the competition for available Federal & State funding.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 27. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Monterey County Herald
Monterey County Weekly
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.