This information is provided by the candidate
- I have been a Petaluma resident since 1972. My parents, Ray and Ettamarie Peterson have a farm in Petaluma where I was raised. My children, Sebastian and Alison attend SRJC and Marshall is a senior at Casa Grande High. I am a full-time teacher at Happy Day Presbyterian school, an active member of St. James Church and a Sunday school teacher.
- In the community, I currently serve on the Petaluma Parks and Recreation Commission, volunteer for numerous non-profit groups, including the Petaluma Museum, Heritage Homes and an advisory board member of Salvation Army. In 1995, I was awarded Petaluma's "Good Egg" for my leadership with the Petaluma Adobe Association and Petaluma River Festival.
- I have served on Miwok Valley School's SITE council; Petaluma School Districts Superintendent's Lay Advisory Committee and a past board member of Petaluma Community Access. A 1978 Petaluma High School graduate, I served on Petaluma's Bicentennial Committee and now the Sesquicentennial project for Petaluma's 150 anniversary.
- I understand the needs for an increase in retail opportunities and the importance of eliminating leakage of tax dollars from Petaluma. This will provide Petaluma with an enhanced tax base to maintain the streets to the condition that citizens deserve.
- First priority, is the building of a cross-town connector at Rainier, which remains consistent with the General Plan.
- It is extremely important to protect the urban growth boundaries and our agriculture.
- Petaluma needs to look to the future; improve the quality of life for all residents, provide opportunities for housing, recreation, education and jobs.
- I support the public safety needs of Petaluma with our fire and police departments receiving the needed resources.
- I promise to be energetic, enthusiastic and to represent all the citizens of Petaluma while serving on the City Council.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2004 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 10, 2004 14:15
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org