(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Kirby A. Nicol
- Occupation: Businessman
- English teacher 1965-1968 /Peace Corps Volunteer 1968-1972
- International track & field coach / Olympic Games 1972
- 32 years experience in real estate brokerage / CEO Capitola Realty
- Director Wharf to Wharf Race /Past President of numerous HOAs
- Soquel Man of the Year 1986
- Recipient of Rotary International Paul Harris Fellowship for Service to Humanity 1996
Michael V. Termini
- Balance the City Budget
- Promote a vibrant business climate to enhance sales tax revenues
- Protect the environment
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- planning commissioner, city of Capitola
- art and cultural commissioner, city of Capitola
- member, village master plan advisory committee
- chairman, citizens oversite committee, Capitola/ Soquel school district
- past president, builders workers compensation board
- single parent of 3 children
- creating a workable solution to the Rispin Mansion project
- creating a workable solution to the Nob Hill shopping center project and adjacent properties future development
- new branch library
- Occupation: Mom
- AS in Small Business
- AA in English Literature
- Board of Directors of Mid-County Youth Soccer Club
- Protect and Preserve our Environment
- Support Education - Reopen Capitola Elementary School
- Serve the needs of all citizens of Capitola and be fiscally responsible
Jacques J. Bertrand
- Occupation: Self-Employed
- Occupation: Marketing Manager
- Village Master Plan Advisory Committee member
- Recreation Advisory Committee member
- Community Site Review Committee member
- Capitola Elementary Home & School Club participant
- Recent graduate of the Capitola Academy
- BS & MS in Physics and an MBA
- Keep our neighborhoods clean and safe
- Defend mobile home rent control and support their purchase
- Provide strong fiscal oversight for Capitola
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Televised rebroadcast of candidate forum, Comcast 25/Charter 71.
- Thursday, October 21, 7 p.m.
Friday, October 22, 4 p.m.
Saturday, October 23, 12 noon
Tuesday, October 26, 1 p.m.
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.