(Vote for 1)
Absentee Ballots require 83 cents postage.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Santa Clara City Council Member
- Founder and Chair, Campaign Finance Reform Committee
- Founding Member, Ethics Ordinance Committee
- Co-Chair, 1997 Santa Clara Unified School District Bond Measure
- Attended local public schools with a degree in Political Science from SJSU
- Sierra Club, Life Member
- Founder and Chair of the Downtown Revitalization Committee
- Stability and accountability: Rod will ensure the proper administration of the office and maintain open and unbiased access to government.
- Saving Taxpayer Dollars: Rod will work with the Auditing team to look for ways to eliminate government waste.
- Good Government: Rod will fully implement the recommendations of the Ethics Ordinance and Campaign Finance Reform Committees.
- Occupation: Educator
- 15 years professional and executive management experience - Vice President of Finance and Administration, Vice President of Operations,General Manager
- Masters of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science and Commerce degrees - Santa Clara University
- PTA President, Vice President, Auditor, Parliamentarian (9 years) - Buchser Middle School, Haman Elementary School, Westwood Elementary School
- Boy Scout and Cub Scout Leader (8 years) - BSA Pioneer District, Troop 390, Pack 32
- Santa Clara Unified School District Substitute Teacher (3 years)
- California State PTA Honorary Service Awards and SCUSD Recognition
Vonna L. Gissler
- Facilitate "good government decision making" through the fair and impartial preparation of legislative agendas, notifications, records, and history
- Administer the municipal elections to ensure compliance with the FPPC and serve Santa Clara residents with a fair election process
- Maintain the high level of integrity and confidence currently recognized in the City Clerk's office
- Occupation: Program Manager, City of Sunnyvale
- BA Business Management, Santa Clara University
- Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Commissioner
- Santa Clara Sister Cities Board Member
- Leadership Santa Clara Alumna
- Berryessa Adobe Master Plan Committee
- Serve the citizens of Santa Clara in a fair and unbiased manner
- Ensure citizens are informed about meetings and provided with summaries of discussions
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- City of Santa Clara webpage