League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
Sacramento County, CA
November 2, 2004 Election
Director; Sacramento Municipal Utility District; Ward 5 Voter Information
4 Year Term.
Results as of Nov 5 10:57am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (141/141)
(106 Writein Votes .36%)
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Peter R. Keat
- Occupation: SMUD Director/Businessman
- Has owned and operated Time-Tested Books since 1980.
- Served 20 years on the Board of the Sacramento Natural Foods Cooperative
- BA from UC Davis in history and sociology
- MA from Indiana University in Sociology
- Keeping rates low (SMUD is below the California average and 20% below PG&E)
- Relicensing SMUD's nine hydroelectric power plants and completing the Cosumnes Power Plant
- Increasing Sacramento's energy independence with renewables and conservation
- Occupation: Utilities Consultant/Businessowner
- Senior Consultant with the State Legislature
- Legislative Consultant during the 2001 Electricity Crisis
- Worked successfully on "Healtrhy Families" legislation to provide healthcare to low-income families
- Worked successfully to improve paratransit for seniors and persons with disabilities
- Worked successfully to improve access to pain medicine for individuals
- Served in USAF Reserve and Air National Guard - 12 years, Resident of South Natomas for 21 years and Noth Natomas - 4 years
- Increase SMUD's own generation to finally replace the energy lost from Rancho Seco 15 years ago
- Obtain low cost energy and/or natural gas contracts from reliable low cost sources
- Avoid problems related to statewide energy deregulation including black-outs, brown-outs and skyrocketing prices
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Sacramento Bee
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 15, 2004 13:33 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.