(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Lucinda E. Luttgen
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Attended San Juan Schools - Fair Oaks Elementary and San Juan High School
- Parent and grandparent of children who attended San Juan Schools
- Taught for 37 years in the San Juan Schools
- San Juan Teacher of the Year
- BA and MA from Univ. of Minnesota and CSUS
- Science Olympiad Coach and Event Coordinator, regional and state competitions
- Students must have safe and healthy classrooms where they have access to the tools necessary for achievement.
- The staff and parents at schools must be empowered to build an environment of success and achievement for all students.
- The narrowing of the curriculum, especially vocational education and fine arts programs, must stop.
- Occupation: Executive Director/Teacher
- Ex. Dir. NationalTeacher.org (non-profit)
- National Ed. Division Dir., Netcom (former)
- College President (former)
- Community College Teacher (former)
- BA, MA Political Science (Texas U., TCU)
- Captain, USAF (Vietnam era veteran)
- Fiscal Oversight and Responsibility
- Safe and Healthy Learning Environments for Students
- Educational Equity and Equal Opportunity
- Occupation: Business Owner/Attorney for almost 25 years
- BA, UCLA; MA, Occidental College; J.D. UC Davis
- CORO Fellowship in Public Affairs
- Settlement Judge Pro Tem-Arbitrator for Sacramento Superior Court
- Volunteer for 6 years as El Camino High Booster, including 2 years as Director of Boosters Club
- Mather AFB Advisory Commission
Laurence S. "Larry" Masuoka
- Maintaining existing schools while insuring financial solvency.
- Recruiting and training the best teachers available.
- Improving performance at low-performing schools.
- Occupation: Dentist/Parks Director
- Family Dentist, 17 years in the district
- Elected Fair Oaks Recreation and Parks Board of Directors, 6 years
- Measure S/J Citizens School Bond Oversight Member
- San Juan School Finance, Transportation, Facilities committee member
- U.C. Master Gardener
- 6 Years Active Duty Air Force Officer
Michael Julien Morman
- Safety of Children is paramount and non-negotiable, both physical and psychological safety
- Accountability in expenditure of tax dollars with a priority of putting dollars in the classroom
- Raising and maintaining student achievent levels to state and federal standards district wide
- Occupation: Retired School Administrator
Linda G. Cortez
Stephen R. Hanson
- Occupation: Planner/Small Businessman
David Henry Strader
- Occupation: Utility Worker
- Occupation: County Employee
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Sacramento Bee
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.