(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Forester, Council Member
- Employed as a local Forester, for 38 years
- Elected as Mayor, 2000-2004.
- Elected to Council, 1996 and 2000.
- Appointed to Planning Commission, 1992-96
- B.S. Forestry, Univ. of California, Berkeley,'64
- Hon. discharge, Captain, U.S. Army, 1970
Douglas J. "Doug" Hammerstrom
- Support basic industry: fishing, timber and tourism.
- Seek and encourage new business that will provide jobs.
- Continue to improve water supplies, sewage treatment and streets.
- Occupation: Attorney-at-Law
- BA in Economics from UC Santa Barbara
- JD (law degree) from Hastings College of the Law
- Fort Bragg Community Development Advisory Board member
- former member of Gualala Municipal Advisory Council
- Small business experience as medical office manager
- homeschooling parent
- Independent and responsive voice of the residents of Fort Bragg
- Community-oriented development that maintains small town values and does not financially burden current residents
- Strengthen the economy of Fort Bragg with good jobs and home town businesses
- Occupation: Painting Contractor
- 33 years Painting Co. 14 years Owner only
- 2 years Real Estate Agent non-Commisioned Broker Staff
- 7 years Owned Energy Conservation Co. in N.M. and worked for large Power Industry Co. as Sales engineer-Director of National accounts for alternative
- Born in Fort Bragg, 1951, College 1969 extended ed. no degree.
- Member of FB original Redevelopment Citizen Advisory Board,appointed Planning commision 2002
- Raising second family in Fort Bragg because of quality of life actively participate in volunteer School activities
- Improve infrastructure within city to help create housing business and jobs
- Streamline Governmental processing to be user friendly and encouraging
- Put my background of Sewer facililities and Utility franchise agreements to use for the cities benefit, particularly as it relates to GP lands
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|