(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: State Parks Commissioner
- Resident of Santa Monica for 17 years
- Chairperson, California Parks and Recreation Commission (appointed by former Governor Gray Davis)
- Newspaper reporter, attorney, investments manager, organizer/financer/manager of nonprofit charitable organizations
- Reduce the number of people living on our streets
- Get traffic moving
- Support our local public schools
- Occupation: Director, Non-Profit Organizations
- President, Santa Monica Malibu Board of Education
- Vice-president, Bayside District Corporation Board
- Co-chair, Financial Oversight Committee SMMUSD
- Small Business owner with husband, Gene L. Oppenheim, M.D.
- Communitas Award 2004 for Commitment and Service to the Community of Santa Monica
- Commissioner and Registrar AYSO Reigion 20
Matt Dinolfo, MD
- Guarantee resident participation in new Land Use and Circulation Element of General Plan
- Find solutions to get homeless people off of the streets and into housing
- Preserve and protect livability in Santa Monica; schools, libraries, openspace and parks, public safety, clean air and water
- Occupation: Physician/University Teacher
- Doctor of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- Chairman, UCLA Community Practice Network
- Member, Finance Committee, UCLA Healthcare
- Former Chief of Staff, Chief of Medicine, Santa Monica-UCLA Hospital
- Member, Santa Monica Measure S Taskforce 2002/2003
- Member, Community for Excellent Public Schools (CEPS)
Kathryn J. Morea
- Find solutions to the problems of homelessness and vagrancy.
- Redirect city funding priorities to support public heath, public safety, and public education.
- Establish Council leadership that is accountable, outcome-driven, and focuses on improving quality of life for residents and business-owners.
- Occupation: Database Analyst
- Member, SAMO Parking & Transportation Task Force
- 9th & Michigan Neighborhood Chair
- Vice President CMS Users Group, Inc.
- Help the homeless/reduce vagrant population in Santa Monica
- Get traffic moving
- Solve parking problems
- Occupation: City Councilmember/Author
Leticia Maria Anderson
- more parks, open space and recreational facilities
- environmental health and sustainability
- smart land use and public transporation/control inappropriate development
- Occupation: Advertising Copy Writer
Lorene "Leah" Mendelsohn
Jonathan Louis "Jon" (Stevens) Mann
- Reduce the number of transients on our streets.
- Stop "traffic calming" and gt traffic moving again.
- Find solutions to parking problems.
- Occupation: Flight Attendant
- B.A. Sociology
- Certified Parole Agent - CYA
- Deputy Probation Officer - LA Co.
- Internet Activist
- Implement Electronic Democracy
- Accountability for elected officials
- Virtual Town Hall meetings
- Occupation: Data Entry Operator
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
LWVSM Education Fund Candidate Forums
- City of Santa Monica
- Public is encouraged to submit questions in advance
- Send questions in writing to: LWVSM, P.O. Box 1265, Santa Monica CA 90406. Email: LWVinatsugub@aol.com; fax: 310-399-1224
- October 14, 7:30pm. Co-sponsors: St. Anne's Catholic Church; LULAC (Council 2010). With simultaneous English/Spanish translation
- St. Anne's Catholic Church, 2017 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica
- October 19 (Co-sponsors, Center for Governmental Studies in partnership with CityTV of Santa Monica)
- Council Candidates Live (Live broadcast on CityTV of Santa Monica), City Council Chambers, City Hall, 1685 Main St.
News and Analysis
- Santa Monica City TV Election Programming Schedule
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.