This information is provided by the candidate
I am seeking re-election to the City Council on Five Basic Issues:
- Transportation - Simply put, Highway 4. I support Measure J which is the re-authorization of the current Measure C which will bring funds to East County for Highway 4, Mass Transit and other trasportation projects. I am committed to keep the transportation needs of Antioch and its citizenry in the forefront with our county, state and federal representatives until this problem is solved.
- Well Planned and Executed Growth- I believe infrastructure should be in place BEFORE growth. This is specific to FUA #1, and land protected by the Urban Limit Line. Infill growth should be of a better product than the past offering a varity not seen in this community. Simply building the same old housing stock is not something I support. Any project approved as infill should offer a community benefit for Antioch or East County.
- Economic Development - This includes retail and job development in Antioch. I will continue to support bringing quality retail to Antioch such as Macy's, Slatten Ranch and of course more dining options. Job creation continues to be a top priority. I will continue to seek out opportunities to build infrastructure for business parks and buildings in order to attract employers to East County. Clearly the biggest problem is Highway 4 and we will struggle until we solve that problem.
- Public Safety - Increase sworn officer staffing to add additional Police on the street. Mandate a reduction in response times to priority calls. Create a plan that improves the service level provided to additional positions funded. Fund our fair share cost of a East County drug task force to be proactive in addressing the problem.
- Community Pride and Involvement- Work to improve the quality of life for the residents who live here NOW. Provide opportunities for families and youth in East County. Continue to maintain a professional City Council image (unlike the councils of the mid to late 1990's), conducting business with respect for the opinions of other Councilmembers.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2004 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 6, 2004 19:18
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org