This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/oh/state/ for current information.
|League of Women Voters of Ohio Education Fund
John "Mitch" Mitchel
The questions were prepared by the League of Women Voters of Ohio and asked of all candidates for this office.
Read the answers from all candidates.
1. What are your qualifications for office?
Christian, husband, father, veteran, teacher, Air Force pilot, coach, consultant, and last, but not least, American patriot.
2. How would you implement your top priority?
Top priority: Restore fiscal responsibility
- To implement this I would:
1. Support a fair, simple tax code. This would incentivize people to work, and start small businesses, which have historically driven job growth,
2. Support a Balanced Budget Amendment to force Congress to prioritze the needs of the people,
3. Propose at least a 1% reduction in all public employee salaries from current levels until the national debt is paid down to less than 25% of GDP
U.S. Senate: Total words in answer to the question may not exceed 100 words. The word limit must be observeds. Words over the limit will be cut off in published information.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
SmartVoter Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter