(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Paul H Betancourt
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/Farmer/Educator
- Fresno County Farm Bureau President, 2000-2003
- Fresno County Agriculturalist of the Year, 2003
- Kerman Unified School Board, 1993- present
- California State Water Board, Technical Advisory Committee, 1994
- Board Member, Valley Clean Air Now
- Founding Member- Fresno Citizens for Good Government
Stan R. Warkentin
- Our first priority must be to straighten out the State's budget mess. They have messed up the state's finances and driven our economy down.
- Next must be the creation of a healthy business climate. We cannot create new jobs if Sacramento continues to strangle our businesses.
- Thirdly, we must improve our health care delivery system. People either do not have health insurance or are afraid of losing what they have.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Truck Stop Employee
- No. 11 of 12 Children ( honor to be in this family)
- High School Graduate
- Truck Stop Employee for 19 years
- Breeder of 3 Champion Rottweilers
- Hobbist (many)
- Home Owner (prop 13)
- I will fight for the rights of (ALL) Californians to be heard
- Protect the Family Farms and give them the will to work together
- Help Arnold to balance the Budget
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Click on "Assembly", then browse the next page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 31. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
The Fresno Bee
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidates Responses to The Fresno Bee Questions