League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
San Diego County, CA
March 2, 2004 Election
City Council Member Council; City of San Diego; District 3 Voter Information
Results as of May 4 2:44pm|
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: San Diego City Councilmember
- Currently serving as Deputy Mayor of San Diego
- Represents San Diego's 3rd City Council District, including many older, urban neighborhoods
- Currently serving on the Council's Rules Committee and its Public Safety and Neighborhood Services Committee (which she chaired in 2001 and 2002).
- Widely viewed as the leader on the Council in the fight for more affordable housing
- Winner of Historic Preservation Award from American Institute of Architects; "Nobody Does It Better Award" by Municipal Employees Association
- 17-year resident of Council District 3
"Mr. G." Gonzalo Garcia
- Focus resources and funding on providing the services we need in our neighborhoods.
- Fight for the police and fire services we need so we are safe in our neighborhoods.
- Provide more affordable housing in San Diego.
- Retired Business Owner and Contractor
- Supported "Duke" Cunningham in his first winning bid for Congress
- Offered by President J.F. K.'s administration, a commission as a Second Leuitenant in the U.S. Army.
- Studied Law at the University of Havana, Cuba
- Devoted Father to a beautiful daughter named Paula
- Provide efficient, responsible management of City's resources.
- Ensure consumer protection, public safety, and economic growth.
- Invest in Infrastructure and promote responsible ocean and costal tourism and recreaton.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: May 4, 2004 14:45 PDT
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.