League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
San Diego County, CA
March 2, 2004 Election
City Council Member Council; City of San Diego; District 1 Voter Information
Results as of May 4 2:44pm|
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Scott H. Peters
- Occupation: San Diego District One City Councilmember
- California Coastal Commission Member
- Chair of San Diego Land Use and Housing Committee
- Co-Chair of the San Diego Clean Water Task Force
- Committee on Rules, Finance and Intergovernmental Relations
- Member of the San Dieguito River Park Joint Powers Authority
- J.D. New York University
- Transportation: Continue to improve traffic cogestion and work to bring in public transportation in the North City.
- Growth Management: It's vital that we ensure that growth happens in the right way in the right place.
- Clean Water: Reduced sewer spills and beach closures by over 55% in just two and a half years. Committed to keep that positive momentum going.
- Occupation: community volunteer
- Torrey Hills Community Planning Board, Chair
- San Diego Community Planners Committee, Vice-Chair
- Torrey Hills Community Coalition, Co-Founder
- Friends of Carmel Mountain, Board of Directors
- Friends of Salk Coastal Canyon, Chair
- 25-year Sierra Club member
- Communities need a voice at City Hall. I will be that voice.
- Put neighborhoods and citizens first before downtown special interests.
- I believe in open and transparent government: No more city business done behind closed doors.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: May 4, 2004 14:45 PDT
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.