(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Judith Levey Meyer
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney, Los Angeles County
- Rated Well Qualified for the Office of Superior Court Judge
by the LA County Bar Association Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee
- Assistant Law Professor, Pacific Coast University School of Law
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Magna Cum Laude Graduate
- Pepperdine School of Law, Institute for Alternative Dispute Resolution,
Completed Certificate Program
- UCSB, Bachelor of Arts, Communications Studies
- Former Volunteer Judge & Volunteer Arbitrator
Former White Water Raft Guide, Ambulance Medic, & Ski Patrolman
- Judith Levey Meyer will administer tough justice to protect our streets, property, children, seniors & the general public.
- Judith Levey Meyer supports long sentences for violent crime, gang behavior and repeat offenders.
- Judith Levey Meyer will deliver justice evenhandedly, with respect and integrity, while protecting victim's rights.
- Occupation: Superior Court Commissioner
- Seven Years' Judicial Experience
- Rated "Well-Qualified" By Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Wide Variety of Legal Experience: Criminal, Civil, Juvenile, Family, Probate, Appellate
- J.D. from Washington College of Law, American University, B.A. from SUNY Stony Brook
- Making the Judicial System Work for All of Us (User-Friendly)
- Eliminating Bias from the Judicial System
- Occupation: Criminal Prosecutor
- Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office
- Juris Doctorate-University of Southern California Law School
- Bachelor of Arts Degree-Unversity of Southern California
P. Michael Erwin
- I shall work to administer justice in a fair-minded manner that both protects the rights of the individual and addresses the needs of the community.
- I want to work to reduce the inconvenience to jurors in terms of waiting and wasted time.
- I want to work to reduce the inconvenience to the general public in terms of streamlining operations to reduce waiting in lines.
- Occupation: Criminal Prosecutor
- State of California, Department of Industrial Relations
- Juris Doctor, University of West Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
- Undergraduate: Christian Ministries, Masters College, Santa Clarita, CA
- Certified Legal Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Temporary Judge, volunteer
- Married over 20 years, father of four, proud new Grandpa of one
Mitchell W. Roth
- To see that wrongs are made right, and that wrongdoers are appropriately and swiftly punished.
- Ensure that citizens feel the courts are an accessible part of their government.
- Maintain traditional values, apply common sense and encourage respect for the legal process.
- Occupation: Trial Lawyer
- Former Full-time Professor, University of La Verne, School of Law teaching Property, Community Property, Remedies, and Business Organizations
- Advocate for Equal Justice
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law with Honors
- BA, SUNY at Stony Brook, Interdepartmental Social Science Major
- Former Adjunct Professor teaching Constitutional Law and Wills & Trusts
- Former Arbitrator for the Compton Municipal Court
- Equal Access to Justice for All
- Application of the Law with a Mind to the Demands of Justice
- Bringing Broad Law Practice Experience to the Bench
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County, an Inter-League Organization (ILO). has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Reason for Running and Personal Qualities.
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum (all L.A. County Judicial Candidates invited to participate)
- State of California Commission on Judicial Performance
Bar Association Resources
- February 15, 2004, 2:30-4:30pm
- West Covina City Council Chambers, 1444 W. Garvey South; Co-Sponsors, LWV Whittier, ESGV, & L.A. County; info 562 947 3634
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Final Report of the L.A. County Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- California Bar Attorney Search