(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Vicki E. Hirsch
- Occupation: Veteran Sycamore Teacher, retired
- Neighborhood: Montgomery
- Education: Doctorate in Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- Extensive contributions to Sycamore's academic foundations.
- Thirty years of classroom teaching experience with children identified in all learning modes; the past four years teacher of the gifted.
- Recipient: Who's Who Among America's Educators
- City of Montgomery Board Member of Zoning Appeals
- Be a needed catalyst for board collaboration with superintendent, staff and public
- Develop long range plans for copying with slow but steady enrollment decline
- Recognize fact that 60% of population have no children in Sycamore Schools
- Occupation: Retired - Avon Products 30 Years. President Avon Germany
- Neighborhood: Symmes Township- Steeplechase Development
- Education: BS Economics University of Cincinnati
- My career with Avon Products allowed be to advance from a Buyer in 1966 to a Senior Officer while working around the world
- During this multifaceted career I served on many boards and committees.
Charles William "Charlie" Wilfong
- Building and Enhancing Board Relationships Internal and External
- Guarantee That All Students have the Best Educational Opportunities
- Ensure Sycamore Schools are on the Cutting Edge of Education System
- Occupation: Private club manager
- BS degree, Cornell University
- current member Sycamore Sch. Bd of Education
- school board rep. to Sycamore Planning Comm.
- school board rep to District Audit Committee
- Gen'l Mgr. Metropolitan Club, Covington,KY
- Jr. High PTO and SHAPE member
Mary Jane Kenyon
- to provide leadership with integrity
- to represent all constituents
- to encourage school district administrators to challenge status quo
- Occupation: retired
- Sycamore Board Business Office - auditor trained - 20 years
- fiscal responsibility
- Occupation: President , Raffel's Catering Inc.
- Current President Sycamore Schools Board of Education
- Bachelor of Arts University of Cincinnati
- 9 year member of Sycamore Schools Planning Commisson (2 as Chairman)
- 20 years coaching service to area Youth Sports for Boys and Girls
- 3 year Board Member for People's Savings and Loan( now Provident Bank)
- Current Member of Evendale's Reading Road Business Revitalization Committee
Neal D. Jacobs
- Maintain a high quality educational program in the most cost effective manner possible.
- Develop a Wellness program for our student's current and future life style.
- Foster communication between Parents, Teachers, Administrators and the Community.
- Occupation: Attorney, Office of Neal D. Jacobs, Mason, OH
- Parent of 2 elementary school aged children attending Sycamore schools
- Teacher for 2 years prior to moving to Cincinnati; addressed the critical teacher shortage in Los Angeles
- Member of Sycamore's Strategic Planning Committee
- Practicing attorney for 20 years, admitted to Ohio, New York and California Bars
- Current member of Religious School Committee at Congregation Ohav Shalom
- Former corporate counsel to Ralphs Division of Federated Dept. Stores, and International Long Distance Telephone Co., Inc.
Marcallene (Wilmoth) Shockey
- Support Superintendent Mantia's leadership efforts in all areas including curriculum development
- Provide disciplined oversight of the budget to assure funds are effectively utilized.
- Reaffirm consensus between the Board, teachers, administration and greater Sycamore community
- Occupation: Retired School Teacher
- Masters in Education plus 50 hours
- To serve Sycamore Schools in a new capacity
- To help maintain the excellent rating
- To be a laison between staff, parents, community and Board
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Top Priority and Use of facilities.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Sycamore Community School District