(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Melinda "Melinda Hamilton" Hamilton
- Occupation: High-tech Marketing Professional
- Graduate, Leadership Sunnyvale
- Founding president, Friends of Sunnyvale
- Member, International Association of Business Communicators, serving two terms on the board of directors
- Member, Women in Technology International
- Lifetime Sunnyvale resident
- B.A. Communications and Russian Studies, UC San Diego
- Seeking to restore public safety and other service levels and working to find the solutions needed to improve Sunnyvale's budgeting process.
- Working to balance the needs of business with the interests of the residents in the current revitalization of our downtown.
- Bringing a community voice to the city council.
- Occupation: Sunnyvale City Councilmember
- Native Californian
- 20-year Sunnyvale Resident, Husband, Father
- B.S. Engineering UCLA
- M.S. Chemical Engineering UCLA
- Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce Member for 10 years
- Nominated for Sunnyvale Distinguished Citizen of the Year, 1996
- Revitalize our Downtown
- Maintain our City's Excellent Fiscal Position
- Improve our Quality of Life
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
- The Sunnyvale Sun
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Thursday, Oct. 16, 7-9:30 p.m., Sunnyvale City Hall Council Chamber, 456 W. Olive Ave., Sunnyvale. Sponsored by League of Women Voters.
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 6:45-9 p.m., Lakewood Park building, (7:30-9:00 city council candidates), sponsored by Lakewood Village Neighborhood Ass'n & League of Women Voters.
- Thursday, Sep. 25, 7-8:30 p.m., Community Building at Las Palmas Park, 850 Russell Dr., Sunnyvale. Sponsored by Vision New America, Inc. and OCA-Silicon Valley.