(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Business Law Attorney; Palo Alto Councilmember
- Member, Housing Action Coalition & Blue Ribbon Task Force on Teachers and Affordable Housing
- Director, Sempervirens Fund (preserving old growth redwoods); Former Pres., Comm. for Green Foothills
- Commissioner, Santa Clara County Social Services Advisory Commission
- Director, Silicon Valley Council of Nonprofits
- 2nd Vice President-elect, Santa Clara County Cities Association
- JD, Boalt Hall School of Law, UC Berkeley (Member, California Law Review); BA, Honors College, Univ. of Michigan
- Fiscal Reform and Capital Improvement - reduce expenses, upgrade facilities, protect quality services, and maintain healthy reserves.
- Neighborhood Protection and Traffic Safety - promote walkable neighborhoods with retail services, nearby transit and safe streets.
- Housing & Upgraded Facilities - create neighborhood-compatible affordable housing linked to upgraded libraries, parks & residential services.
- Occupation: Mayor
- Boardmember, BAAQMD
- Boardmember, VTA
- Boardmember, San Francisquito Creek JPA
- Boardmember, Housing Trust Fund
- Alternate Commissioner, BCDC
- Active Member, California and National League of Cities
Ladoris H. Cordell
- Balance our Budget and Restructure City Hall
- Reduce Traffic and Increase Student Safety
- Build Infill Housing
- Occupation: Vice Mayor
- Married to Cheryl Lathrop
- Chair, Northern California Power Agency
- Vice Chair, Bay Area Water Supply Agency
- Director, Regional Water Financing Agncy
- Stanford MBA
- Silicon Valley business experience
Harold "Skip" Justman
- Manage & control our budget with clear policies and strategies.
- Restore trust &confidence in City leadership
- Manage growth sensibly balancing city & neighborhood needs
- Occupation: attorney
- Stanford 72; Hastings College of Law 75
- Wife Gail, 4 children (Robert, Blake, Patrick, Becky)
- Real estate lawyer; judge pro tem, San Mateo County Superior Court
- Board of Directors, Palo Alto YMCA; spiritual care volunteer, Stanford Hospital
- Endorsed by proven political leaders: Larry Klein, Former Palo Alto Mayor; Lanie Wheeler, Former Palo Alto Mayor; Gary Fazzino, Former Palo Alto Mayor
- State level political endorsement: Ted Lempert, Former State Assemblyperson & State Senate Candidate
- Cut wasteful government spending
- Restore our parks and public facilities
- Preservation of the environment by infill housing construction
- Occupation: Professional City Planner, AICP
- Palo Alto City Councilmember, 2000 to present
- Community and Government Relations Manager, Redevelopment Agency, City of San Jose, 1999 to present
- Former Chief Planning Official and Zoning Administrator, City of Palo Alto
- Former Town Planner Los Altos Hills
- Former Planning Advisor to over 20 Cities/Counties as Professional Planner and Government Expert
- Graduate of UC Santa Barbara
John Karl Fredrich
Gregory W. Kerber
- Question and Reduce City Spending
- Preserve Neighborhood Quality
- Maintain Palo Alto's Environment and Community Assets
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- League of Women Voters of Palo Alto Voters Guide
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum
News and Analysis
- CANCELLED - Tuesday, Oct. 14, 7-9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Cowper St., Palo Alto (cancelled due to conflict with rescheduled Council meeting)
- Tuesday, Oct. 21, 7-9 p.m., St. Andrews Church, Palo Alto
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Palo Alto Online news articles