(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Finance Manager, Johnson & Johnson
- 15 Year of Business and Management Experience
- MS Degree in Technology Management
- Los Altos School Board Member since 1999
- Los Altos Parks, Arts & Recreation Commission since 1999
Ronald D. Packard
- Maintain a balanced budget, while also building up our emergency reserves
- Improve public safety, including traffic enforcement in residential areas
- Clarify and improve existing building design guidelines
- Occupation: Attorney
- Law Degree, Hastings Law School.
- MBA, UC Berkeley
- President, Packard, Packard & Johnson
- Los Altos Education Foundation, Boardmember
- Mountain View City Coucil, and Mayor in 1980's
- Los Altos Citizens' Financial Advisory Committee
Robert "Curtis" Cole
- Protect existing neighborhood character, and work with residents for traffic calming.
- Preserve the charm of our downtown village, while encouraging the vitality of the businesses.
- Maintain a balanced budget for our city, a likely challenge as the State eventually deals with its deficits.
- Occupation: Engineer/Software Manager
- Los Altos Planning Commissioner '99-present
- Los Altos Citizens Financial Advisory Committee '96-'99
- Los Altos Elementary School Budget Review Committee '01-present
- BS University of Michigan
- MS Stanford University
Francis Albert La Poll
- Create an effective means of addressing our traffic concerns
- Resolve our community pool issues
- Improve our relations with our public safety professionals
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Mayor (twice). Councilmember (Incumbent). Current/past Boardmember: YMCA (chair); Foothill-DeAnza Foundation; Los Altos Little League.
- Los Altos School District: Citizens' Advisory Finance Committee.
- Coach: AYSO and Little League. LAEF volunteer.
- Editor-in-Chief, Stanford Journal of International Law 1983-84. Law Clerk, Hon. Procter R. Hug, Jr., U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (1984-85).
- Stanford University: J.D.; Virginia: B.A. Economics (magna cum laude).
- Married. Six children (ages: 13,12,11,9,7, 2). Covington and Egan schools
- Preserve neighborhood residential character and downtown ambience.
- Implement Neighborhood Traffic Safety Plan & Safe Routes to School projects with city traffic engineer dedicated to facilitate.
- Work with schools; regain community swim facility, and well-sited, in-scale downtown theater. Continue prudent budgeting.
- Occupation: Business Executive
- Stanford MBA; BS in Business, Indiana U.
- 15 yrs as VP Marketing in Silicon Valley
- 2000 YWCA of SCC TWIN Honoree
- Chair, Los Altos Historical Commission
- Assistant Leader, Girl Scout Troop 321
- 49; married; 2 teens; 12-year resident
Jeannice (Fairrer) Samani
- Privacy of Existing Residential Properties
- Community Amenities, including Swimming Pool & Small Hotel
- Fiscal Responsibility & Local Budget Control
- Occupation: Business Development Consultant
- Citizen Advisor Representative - Housing /Community Development Committee of Snata Clara County-served 6 years
- Doctorate (completion 2004), Business Adimistration
- Masters-City/Regional Planning-UC Berkeley
- B.A.-Political Economy-Economics-UC Berkeley
- Management Development Entreprenuership-Anderson Business School
- Educator-K-College Level, certified Trainer-Business/Economics
Christopher Friendly "Chris" Nicholson
- Quality of Life
- Economic vitality in Downtown
- Governement Position Paper-Accountability for Performance Management
- Occupation: Student
- Reed College Freshman
- Los Altos High School Graduate, Class of 2003
Steven R. Smiley
- Maintaining a fiscally responsible budget without abandoning Los Altos values
- Building consensus around important issues while examining them with a fresh viewpoint
- Increasing the commitment of Los Altos to youth
- Occupation: Business Manager
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of Los Altos-Mtn. View Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Swim complex, Parking, and Creeks.
News and Analysis
- Los Altos Town Crier - Oct. 22, 2003
- campaign financial reports
- Los Altos Town Crier - Oct. 15, 2003
- candidate views on downtown hotel
- Los Altos Town Crier - Oct. 15, 2003
- information about candidates
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Thursday, Oct. 23, 7-9:30 p.m., (City Council candidates 7:40 - 8:45), Covington School Multi-Purpose Room, 205 Covington Road, Los Altos.