(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Phyllis Keene Fowler
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Board Member, Sunnyvale School District
- 6 years as a Girl Scout Leader
- over 4 years on the Citizens Oversight Commitee for Measure A Funds
- Leadership Sunnyvale Board of Directors
- Volunteer and Advocate, Restroritive Justice Program
- Office Manager for Frederik M. Fowler & Assoc.
- protecting educational standards
- preserving class size reductions
- retaining qualified teachers
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Twe term Sunnyvale School District Board member currently, Vice President
- Elected to Delegate Assembly policy body of California School Board Association (CSBA)
- Appointed Government Relations Chair for CSBA Assembly memeber Simone Salinas previously Elaine Alquist
- Education: BS in Nursing Science, University of Florida ,ECE units from U.C. Santa Cruz and local colleges, Leadership Sunnyvale '95
- Head Teacher, Early Learning Insititute, Palo Alto
- Veteran, United States Navy Reserve, Nurse Corps
Nancy E. Mc Caa
- Wisely allocate resouces during this time of fiscal constraint
- Educate parents about the district's high academic expectations and theri child's grade level standards
- Measured progress on District's strategic plan goals
- Occupation: Grant Administrator
- Co-Chair: Team for Improving Productivity at Stanford (T.I.P.S.)
- Member: National Council of University Administrators (N.C.U.R.A.)
- Member: Society for Research Administrators (S.R.A.)
- Consultant: Sunnyvale National Little League
- Former PTO President: Ellis Elementary
- 20-year Stanford University Employee
- Voice for the parents of the Sunnyvale community to present ways to strenghten our educational programs
- "No Child Left Behind" - but have we done all we can to accomplish this?
- Budgetary oversight for the tough decisions, and to make the best of our tax dollars
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
- The Sunnyvale Sun
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 6:45-9 p.m., Lakewood Park building, (7-7:30 statements by school board candidates), sponsored by Lakewood Village Neighborhood Ass'n & League of Women Voters.
- Wednesday, Oct. 1, 7-9 p.m., Sunnyvale School District office, 819 W. Iowa Avenue, Sunnyvale. Sponsored by League of Women Voters.