(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Business Owner/CPA
- Chairman, RPV Financial Advisory Committee
- Founding partner of Zdonek & Wolowicz Accountancy Corporation
- Past President of the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from California State University, Northridge
- 27 Year RPV Homeowner
Douglas W. Stern
- Maintain our high quality Public Safety programs
- Protect RPV taxpayers
- Oppose high-density development and protect open space
- Occupation: Councilman/Business Attorney
- Council member 1999 - present, Mayor 2003
- Business Attorney, Partner in major national firm
- UCLA Graduate, 1975, majors in Economics (Honors), Political Science
- UCLA Law School graduate, 1978. Member of UCLA Law Review
- Board of Directors, Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy, 1992 to 1999, former Vice President, Land Acquisition Committee
- President, RPV Council of Homeowners Associations, 1998 - 1999, 1999 - 2000
- Preservation of Natural Open Space
- Maintenance of Decaying Infrastructure, sewers, stormdrains, roads and buildings
- Open Government and Improved Communications; Continued Improvement in Relationship with Residents
- Occupation: Attorney
- RPV Plan. Comm. 2000-pres. Chair 2003
- RPV View Comm. 1996-2000 Chair 1999-2000
- A.B. History 1979 Stanford Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D. 1982 Stanford member, Law Review
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partner, Nossaman, Guthner et al.
John C. McTaggart
- Preservation of Open Space and Low Density Development
- Proactive Planning for the City's Future
- Maintaining Public Decision-Making
- Occupation: Incumbent
- MA in Management
- Retired Senior Facilities Design Engineer
- Past President, California Contract Cities Association
- Former President, California Marine Affairs and Navigation Conference
- Founding Chair, South Bay Cities Council of Governments
- Former Member South Coast Air Quality Management District Advisory Council
- Maintain a safe environment with adequate police protection for Rancho Palos Verdes.
- Continue a sound financial strategy to maintain our infrastructure.
- Aquisition and preservation of open space.
- Occupation: Retired Aerospace Engineer
- 27 year resident of RPV
- 33 years in aerospace engineering/management
- MR&PD Board Chairman
- CAMS Mentor Support Association President
- U of Michigan EAS Board of Governors
- Increased Sheriff's Funding
- Upgraded Infrastructure
- Expanded Youth Facilities
- Occupation: Charitable Organization, President
- Member of Rancho Palos Verdes Traffic Committee
- Memeber of Los Angeles County Sheriffs Community Academy
- President and Founder of School of Champions 501 3 (c)
- Volunteer to Norris Theater Rolling Hills Estates
- Master's World Champion Cycling Medallist
- Kiwanis Gift Donor Serving the Children of the World
- Emergency Preparedness thoughout the Peninsula and Los Angeles County.
- Education with a vision to the future in technology/arts/athetics/and media
- Low density development, quality of life, a more balanced media representation in California.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Rancho Palos Verdes
- Candidate Links and Video Presentations
News and Analysis
- Candidates Forum
- Monday, October 20, 7pm
Hesse Park Community Center
Sponsor: League of Women Voters
Info: Linda Herman <email@example.com>
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.