(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Retired businesswoman / Married 45 years / Antelope Valley Resident 34 years
- 20 Years on the Westside Union School District Board of Trusttess
- 17 years Executive Board Member, Antelope Valley School Boards Association
- Elected to the California School Boards Association Delegate Assembly
- Board laision to the West Antelope Valley Ecucation Foundation (WAVE)
- Supporter of WAVE, PTA, 4-H, FFA, Boy/Girl Scouts and other youth organizations
Deborah "Debbie" Rutkowski-Hines
- Reinstate all programs and staffing cuts that were made in the 2003-04 Budget
- To provide stable funding for nine new schools needed in the next 10 years
- To continue to provide a high quality education for the students of Westside
- Occupation: Teacher
- M.A. Curriculum and Instruction
- Past President Pi Lambda Theta Educational Honors Society (Pasadena)
- Former Mentor Teacher
- Grade Level Standards Chair in Science, Language Arts & Math
- Current V.P. Muroc Education Association
- Current V.P. Rancho Vista Homeowners Assoc.
John M. Ward
Derelle E. Kinsinger
- Budget cuts need to be as far away from the child as possible!
- Credentialed instructors need to be reinstated in all teaching positions!
- Critical programs cut by the current board need to be reinstated!
- Occupation: Teacher
- BA University of California at Berkeley
- MS University of Laverne
- Teacher in Westside Union School District for 28 years
- Curriculumn Resource Teacher
- To reinstate highly successful programs which were needlessdly eliminated.
- To investigate alternatives to the proposed year round mulitple track school year.
- To develop an aggressive building programs that will meet the needs for nine new schools in the next three to five years.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Westside Union Elementary School District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.