(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- B.A. Univ. of Calif. Berkeley
- M.A. and Teaching Credential, C.S.U. Long Beach
- General Administrative Credential, Loyola Univ.
- Retire Teacher, 40 years of service
- Vice Principal and Facilities Manager, Mira Costa
- Supervisor, Les Frame Management Inc.
- Positive solutions to modernization mismangement
- Protect class size reductions while avoiding operating deficit
- Open discussion and respect for all stakeholders
- Occupation: Teacher
- Former Mira Costa High School teacher, now teaching Advanced Placement U.S. History and Government at Palos Verdes High School
- Chapman University, Los Angeles, CA - Single Subject Credential, 2002
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA - J.D., May 1995
- Faculty of Law, Nairobi, Kenya - Focus: International law, Human Rights, 1994
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA - B.A., Political Science, 1989
- Two terms on the Manhattan Beach School Board as the Mira Costa High School student trustee
LeRoy E Nelson
- Give teachers and parents a greater role in making decisions that impact the classroom.
- Eliminate our reliance on expensive consultants and administrators and instead use the expertise of our educators and the community.
- Remove all students from inferior portable bungalows and build real classrooms.
- Occupation: Business Manager
- Education: Caltech, B.S., M.S.
- Occidental College, M.A. in Teaching
- Job experience: Teacher, Systems Analyst
- Software Engineer, Project Manager
- MBUSD School Board 1995-1999
- PTAs, SSC, MBEF, many District Committees
Tracey Ann Windes
Jeffrey Aaron Horn
Craig Elliot Brown
- Maintain the high quality of education in Manhattan Beach schools
- Balance the budget by reducing expenses and using resources efficiently
- Restore community involvement in planning and oversight
- Occupation: Insurance Broker
- Comprehensive Forensic Audit of all renovation expendatures
- Comprehensive Review of Special Education Legal Procedures
- Provide Free and Appropriate Public Education for all children
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District
- Updates on District Construction Projects
News and Analysis
- Manhattan Beach PTA Council Questionnaire
The Beach Reporter
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.