(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joan W. Presecan
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Eight years experience on the School Board - President
- Professional educator - Biology and AP Biology
- B.S. Biology/Chemistry - Purdue U. and M.A. Education - UC Berkeley
- Commissioner - Baldy View ROP
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden - Overseer & Nature Interpreter
- Claremont Honored Citizen 2001
- Knowledge and experience of the Claremont Unified School District and the education process is essential to deal with our budget crisis.
- Responsible fiscal management in balancing the administration, teaching staff, and infrastructure of the District
- Maintaining academic excellence which is the hallmark of our schools.
- Occupation: Evaluation Research Consultant
- Ph.D. Claremont Graduate University
- 20 Years as a corporate manager with Kaiser Permanente
- Business Owner: evaluator of programs to increase student achievement in urban schools
- 17 Years involvement with Claremont School District
- 10 Years on the Claremont Board of Education
- 8 Years as a Vista Del Valle Elementary School volunteer
- Move forward with a rigorous educational program even as we face unprecedented budget challenges
- Continue to lead efforts to develop programs and services that help students come to school ready to learn.
- Ensure teacher involvement in decisions affecting curriculum and site management.
- Occupation: Sales Management
- Claremont Community Services Commission
- Member, Claremont Facilites Needs Task Force
- Claremont Little League Board of Directors, Coach, and Committee Member
- Claremont Sports Committee, Past Chair
- Claremont United Church of Christ Deacon; Finance, and Endowment Committees
- BA and MBA, Michigan State University
Mark Andrew Opdahl
- Pursue genuine improvement; rising test scores are evidence of success. The kids come first!
- Protect critical class-size reduction and the intra-district transfer system. The kids come first!
- Educational oversight and fiscal leadership for the critical and challenging times we face. The kids come first!
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Claremont Unified School District
News and Analysis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Claremont Courier