(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
B. Allen Lay
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Member of City Council, 1994-present; Mayor 1997-98; 2002-present
- Member Planning Commission, 1985-1994
- Member Caballeros del Rancho Palos Verdes, 22 years; Board Member 3 yrs; President 1984
- Harbor-UCLA Collegium, Board Member; 1999- Present
- Semi-retired investor/consultant in Venture Capital
- B.S., Industrial Management, University of Kansas
Frank E. Hill
- Maintenance of our quality of life and property values by ensuring the continued privacy of Rolling Hills
- Protection of our saftey by wisely applying Sheriff and Fire Department Resources
- Sound fiscal management to strengthen Rolling Hills' enviable financial position
- Occupation: Retired Fire Dept./Businessman/Incumbent
- Member of City Council, 1994-present; Mayor, 1998-99
- Traffic Commission Chair, 1994-present; Disaster Preparedness Block Captain.
- Founding V.P., Peninsula Library Foundation.
- CA State Firemen's Association; Air Force (Korean War).
- Education: Franklin High, L.A. City College, UCLA.
- Family: Spouse, Maureen; children - 10; Business Experience: Equestrian, Investment, Construction, Real Estate, Entertainment.
Joanne E. "Jody" Murdock
- To continue to work toward preserving our community's security, well-being and unique rural atmosphere.
- To focus on practicality, fairness and logic in making informed decisions.
- To be available to all residents in order to voice their concerns, seek their advice, and act on their behalf.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- B.S., Education, University of Southern California
- Member of Planning Commission, 1974-82; Chairman, 1979-82
- Member of the City Council, 1982-present; Mayor, 1983-84; 1988-89; 1993-94; 1996-97; 2001-02.
- Board of Governors, USC Alumni Association, 1988-96.
- President, Peninsula Committee Childrens Hospital, 1993-94.
- President, Trojan League of South Bay, 1988-90; President, Association of Trojan Leagues, 2001-03.
John H. Nunn
- Preserving and protecting the unique rural quality of life that we enjoy in Rolling Hills.
- Addressing issues in a calm, rational manner, seeking out and presenting factual information, and welcoming input from the residents.
- Working in cooperation with the Rolling Hills Community Association and the other cities on the Peninsula to address & resolve shared issues.
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Owner, Manufacturer's Representitive Agency
- Member, Lungren Law and Order Committee
- President, Long Beach Rowing Association
- Associate Member, Republican State Central Committee
- B.A., Cornell University, M.B.A., University of Michigan
- Olympic Medalist; Olympic Coach, U.S. Rowing Team
- Make dealing with the city an easier and less drawn out process
- Preserve the privacy and rural character of our city
- Update city ordinances to make them more current and fair
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- City of Rolling Hills