(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Deron E. Williams
- Occupation: Councilmember's Chief Deputy
Roderick "Rod" Wright
- Occupation: District Director/Educator
- Occupation: Assemblymember, State of California
- California State Assemblymember
- A Past President, New Frontier Democratic Club
- Former Chair of the Assembly Committe of Utilities & COmmerce
- Former Chari of the California Legislative Black Caucus
- Bachelor's Degree, Urban Studies, Pepperdine University, Student Body President
- Former Deputy to local City Councilman David Cunningham
Madison Shockley, II
- Public Safety
- Increase Property Value
- Increase Hone Ownership
- Occupation: Minister/Educator/Writer
- NAACP/Los Angeles, Board Member
- Love is Feeding Everyone, Board Member
- Americans for Democratic Action, Board Member
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, Board Member
- Camino Nuevo Charter Academy, Governing Board Member
- New Visions Foundation, Program Director
- Better city services
- Police reform
- Housing trust fund
- Occupation: Lawyer-Educator
- Occupation: Attorney/Activist
- Occupation: Division Manager, City of Los Angeles
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Map of Council District 10
- Candidate/Campaign Treasurer Contact Info (all Council Districts) from the L.A. City Ethics Commission
- Registered voters in this district may choose to vote EARLY using touchscreen equipment during the period from February 18 to February 28. Touchscreens will be located at City Hall and in 15 Public Libraries.
- For detailed information including an on-line demonstration in flash format, see the website of the L.A. City Clerk Office - Election Division or phone 888/873-1000 (toll free)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- February 13, 5:00-9:00pm
- 2615 Ellendale Place
Sponsor: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Alpha Gamma Omega Chapter
Info: Wilma Wells, 310/670-4767;
Marie Dudley, 323/778-7208
- KPCC's "Talk of the City" with Kitty Felde
- Click here and scroll down to February 20 for a radio forum sponsored by Baldwin Village Community in Action
- February 26, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Hamilton High School
2955 So. Robertson Bl., near the #10 freeway
Sponsors: South Robertson Neighborhood Council, P.I.C.O. Neighborhoods Council, Crestview Neighborhood Assn., Beverlywood Homeowners Assn., Workmen's Circle
Info: Terry Schonwald, 310 836 0644; Suzanne Laff, 310 447 7212